Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I have a 2015 SS and just replaced the 7 year old original battery. I went to the forum to get the proper procedure, and did everything correctly. I left the trickle charger on overnight in the gargage, and the new battery charged up fine. My issue is that the radio/info center/nav screen will not come on. Hopefully, it's just a fuse. But where is this fuse located? There is a fuse box behind the battery in the trunk. If this is the location, which fuse do I need to check? Much thanks in advance. Jack

·
Premium Member
3,223 Posts
There is a fuse in the rear fuse block, #F5. Hopefully that is all it is. Few people have stated the radio going into security lock mode. If this happens you may need a dealer to unlock it.

Rectangle Font Parallel Pattern Number

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
There is a fuse in the rear fuse block, #F5. Hopefully that is all it is. Few people have stated the radio going into security lock mode. If this happens you may need a dealer to unlock it.

View attachment 297501
When I bought my car, included with the paperwork was a piece of heavy card stock paper, divided in the middle, with the top half being a log for battery maintenance pre-sale, and the bottom containing a business card sized detachable laminated card called "IMPORTANT SECURITY INFORMATION".

That card stated that it should be kept away from the vehicle, and should not be stored in a wallet. It included the VIN, the ignition key number, the security code, and the engine number.

Is the security code number on that card the one that is used for making a duplicate key, or is it for the radio?

·
Premium Member
3,223 Posts
I remember people talking about that card, I never got one with my 2014 which I purchased new off the lot.

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
Found this old thread with mention of it. Some were saying the code is for the radio (at least).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts