Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to share a quick mod that I am super happy with.
After seeing these on the forum, I had to have one, but wanted my own twist on it.
I reached out to Chris Frech and had him modify the layout, colors, and data.
The graphics of the car are awesome, since my car is SIM!

After I was pretty happy with the design, I asked him to change three of four little things (one at a time) at the very end and he had no issues taking care of it.
He was able to do all of this really quickly. I paid him though paypal and had my plate in NC within a week.

For mounting I cut and powder coated a 1/4" aluminum piece @ 6" x 6". The piece is cut out in the middle, with only 1/2" of material around the outside. I was hoping that the clearance created in this piece would absorb the irregularities in the fuse box cover, but it did not. The whole cover is curved, almost convex from top to bottom.
I mounted the plate and still had a ~ 1/4" gap under it at the top side. I carefully cut weather striping to fill the gap, and it looks pretty darn good. I don't have to worry about grime getting under the plate now, either.
This mounting method also created a tilt in the plate so that it presents itself well towards the front of the car.

I will locate some black button head screws to replace the stainless ones I have in there now.

What do you think?

Ron

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 Black, Auto, All Stock, Sunroof & Spare
4,131 Posts
Looks great to me bud.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have seen a couple guys do these plates and I think they look awesome and want to get one for my car, the only problem is that I do not have build number or number as optioned and want that info as well. Every time I contact Chevrolet Customer Care they send me something completely different or act like they have no idea what I am talking with that info when I request it or a build sheet. I have noticed they are no longer active on this forum either, any idea where I can find this info for my car? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
14,277 Posts
I have seen a couple guys do these plates and I think they look awesome and want to get one for my car, the only problem is that I do not have build number or number as optioned and want that info as well. Every time I contact Chevrolet Customer Care they send me something completely different or act like they have no idea what I am talking with that info when I request it or a build sheet. I have noticed they are no longer active on this forum either, any idea where I can find this info for my car? Thanks

Just covered a week ago:
https://www.ssforums.com/forum/chev...6-ss-production-statistics-6.html#post3468675

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
The plate I purchased has all of the relevant information but none of the color of graphics. The grass is always greener on the other side!

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Very nice looking plaque. Thinking I might get one. Adds a little somthin somthin under the hood. Very classy. I have always liked them.

·
Registered
670 Posts
How to do contact Chris Frech? Can find him listed anywhere.
Thanks
Hi he is on face book if you type his name chris frech in the search it will come up he has a red G8 as his cover photo , he is also on the chevy ss owners group on face book:grin .hope that helps .

·
Registered
8 Posts
You sure the plaque is correct? 924901 is number 14, but your plaque says 924910 which is number 23... ��
You may be right......But honestly most people don't even know what this car is let alone gonna ding me on build info, and even ss owners are not gonna be checking vins like that :nerd. I think I can live with it.....regardless the plaque is still dope as ****. The man dose good work...:grin:grin:grin:grin
[email protected]

·
Super Moderator
3,436 Posts
Welcome to the SS Forums @USMC SS !!

Assuming of course,, that you are or were USMC,,,, THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!!

NOW,,, unfortunately,,, this is a very old thread, and the member Wolfpack has not logged on here since 2019,, BUT,,, Advanced Search is your friend here and there are other references to mine!!

Good Luck!!

ES

·
Registered
113 Posts
Ah, but you miss the best part. This is what happens when you find the Angel's Envy at 10pm, the idea at midnight and then decide you need the plate done and submitted by 2am....

My apoligy to 806, but it appears I may be impersonating you for a while.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome to the SS Forums @USMC SS !!

Assuming of course,, that you are or were USMC,,,, THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!!

NOW,,, unfortunately,,, this is a very old thread, and the member Wolfpack has not logged on here since 2019,, BUT,,, Advanced Search is your friend here and there are other references to mine!!

Good Luck!!

ES
Yea sir, thank you very much. I appreciate it. Semper Fi!!

·
Registered
237 Posts
The fuse box cover...for the hump. I used a heat localized heat source (MAPP gas torch) to slowly heat the center. One it was soft enough, I pressed it reasonably flat. To adhere the plaque without screw holes, I used a good bit of gasket maker. Got it nice and centered, and left it be. My SS is not a daily, so it was fine to sit for a week before I touched it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts