Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am selling my Father's 2018 Cadillac CTS-V for him.

As I said above, we are selling our 2018, Black Raven exterior with a Jet Black and Saffron interior. The car has been beautifully taken care of it's entire life, and rarely driven. I will have to double check the exact mileage, but it Is around 6,500, and probably will not go up any higher. The car has almost every option except for the Performance Data Recorder (PDR). It has the full carbon fiber package on the outside (rear spoiler, front splitter, and hood vents), carbon fiber trip on the inside, and the carbon fiber engine cover. It has a sunroof and the standard 19" wheels.

Time for the honest truth. With the price at $70,000, you can probably find a 2018 or older for less; however, from my looking, none of the less expensive 2018's for sale right now have this many options, nor have such low mileage. Why am I selling privately? Because this price is right around market value, but I will take a larger hit if I try to sell to a dealership or trade-in.

I really don't expect too much traction on this forum, but I may be wrong. PM me here if you're interested, and that can start the ball rolling. Also, any other questions or concerns not covered here, ask away and I will answer!

Thanks

Car: 2018 Cadillac CTS-V
Mileage: ~6,500 (will confirm)
Price: $70,000 obo

Build Specs (Official build sheet located in post #9):
2018 Cadillac CTS-V: Base Price: $86,495 | MSRP: $101,085
Exterior Color: Black Raven $0
Interior Color(s): Jet Black w/ Saffron accents w/sueded microfiber inserts and seatbacks $0
Luxury Package $2,500
Carbon Fiber Package $6,250
UltraView power sunroof $1,450
Dark Gold Brembo brake calipers $595
Carbon Fiber engine cover $1,925
16-way RECARO performance seats $2,300
V-Series logo premium carpeted floor mats $205
Pedal Covers $155
TOTAL OPTIONS: $15,380

·
Registered
587 Posts
Very nice car!!

·
Registered
991 Posts
Have you posted this on the CTS-V owners forum? Might have better luck there. Only problem with them is that you have to have 50 posts before you can use their Cars for Sale section... Beautiful car!

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Beautiful car, GLWS. And that garage looks great and appears very nicely stocked!

Reactions: wilkin4 and ESindon

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have you posted this on the CTS-V owners forum? Might have better luck there. Only problem with them is that you have to have 50 posts before you can use their Cars for Sale section... Beautiful car!
No, I am not on that forum, but I will look into it even though there is a steep requirement for posts. Thanks!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Beautiful car, GLWS. And that garage looks great and appears very nicely stocked!
Thank you! I don't believe my dad has grown up, only his toys have gotten more expensive ?maybe that goes for all of us...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Also, maybe a little more detail on the specs of the car. Beautiful car, I'd love to have that sitting in my garage!

Reactions: olierolfe

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Per some advice and comments, I am attaching the final build sheet from Cadillac. Final MSRP: $101,085. Ouch. $30k hit in a little over one year, I guess that's why they say buy used, my loss is your gain. To save some the time of going through the pdf, I am going to list the build here.

2018 Cadillac CTS-V: Base Price: $86,495 | MSRP: $101,085
Exterior Color: Black Raven $0
Interior Color(s): Jet Black w/ Saffron accents w/sueded microfiber inserts and seatbacks $0
Luxury Package $2,500
Carbon Fiber Package $6,250
UltraView power sunroof $1,450
Dark Gold Brembo brake calipers $595
Carbon Fiber engine cover $1,925
16-way RECARO performance seats $2,300
V-Series logo premium carpeted floor mats $205
Pedal Covers $155
TOTAL OPTIONS: $15,380

Attachments

·
Registered
991 Posts
Thanks for posting that. Yes, the depreciation curve is a mother on these, but if they follow the same trend as the V2s, that will stabilize and maybe even perhaps rise a bit over time since there will be no more of these. I've noticed that the value of my '13 V2 Coupe seems to be trending upward a bit. If I didn't have it, I'd probably be talking to you in a deep discussion (and risking divorce and damnation). Someone will end up with a pristine example--best of luck with the sale.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Thanks for posting that. Yes, the depreciation curve is a mother on these, but if they follow the same trend as the V2s, that will stabilize and maybe even perhaps rise a bit over time since there will be no more of these. I've noticed that the value of my '13 V2 Coupe seems to be trending upward a bit. If I didn't have it, I'd probably be talking to you in a deep discussion (and risking divorce and damnation). Someone will end up with a pristine example--best of luck with the sale.
Jay,
Sell V2 Coupe, upgrade to this CTS-V. Need reason for another El Bruno meet before heading back East...Hopefully I don't get in trouble in 4-10 months. Sending deposit to Atlanta Classic Cars on Tuesday. I can sleep in a wagon but can't drive a house...lol

Reactions: ESindon

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Before I decided on my SS, I was trying to find a nice V2 coupe manual, no dice obviously. Seemed that any car had super high miles. I hope you're right with the settling in the market, I think that since they stopped production it will hold steady and maybe sneak up higher. I think it will depend on whether or not the new Blackwing is any good or not.

·
Premium Member
14,307 Posts
Before I decided on my SS, I was trying to find a nice V2 coupe manual, no dice obviously. Seemed that any car had super high miles. I hope you're right with the settling in the market, I think that since they stopped production it will hold steady and maybe sneak up higher. I think it will depend on whether or not the new Blackwing is any good or not.

The Blackwing has nothing to do with it. < 500 V-s and even less Platinums. It is deader than a door nail.

I passed on a pre-order because parts/support is too scary and risky

1 - 13 of 13 Posts