Chevy SS Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,161 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I was wondering if you could share where you got the rivets that you used?
Were you looking for the OE rivet that holds the LP bracket on, that is above or were you asking about the plugs I used to cover the holes ? The plugs I bought a local ACE Hardware store, 5/16" dia with flat heads and I believe they were under $2.00 each. I added a little crazy glue when installing so they can't pop out on their own. So far they are still in place and look perfect.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Were you looking for the OE rivet that holds the LP bracket on, that is above or were you asking about the plugs I used to cover the holes ? The plugs I bought a local ACE Hardware store, 5/16" dia with flat heads and I believe they were under $2.00 each. I added a little crazy glue when installing so they can't pop out on their own. So far they are still in place and look perfect.
Yes I was looking for the plugs to cover the holes up.

·
Premium Member
3,161 Posts
Here's a pic of the plugs I bought at ACE. From memory the head is ~3/8 and the body is 5/16. I used a 3/16 drill to remove the rivets holding the LP bracket on then had to clean the holes up with a 5/16 bit to fit the plugs. After a test fit I installed them with a couple drops of Crazy Glue to ensure they wouldn't pop out.

Grey Font Asphalt Pattern Auto part

Pretty easy solution and far cheaper/easier than replacing the bumper cover. The few people that see them think they are part of the SS' parking sensor system.

Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle

21 - 26 of 26 Posts