Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A little off topic I know...unfortunately, my father passed away recently after a long battle with cancer and then he was a very early victim of covid-19. I am selling his 1971 Mercedes-Benz 250 four door sedan. It has a 2.8 liter in-line six cylinder motor and is dark green with tan interior. It has been very well maintained and garage kept. He is the second owner and owned it for about 8 years. It was his seldom Sunday driver with about 60,000 original miles - the odometer reads 59,xxx but it went out the last time I had it out about a week ago. The overall condition is very good. It has working air conditioning and as seen in the pictures it is a very nice, original example of a classic Mercedes four door sedan. It runs well and and the interior is almost perfect. The paint does have some fading on the flat areas, like the trunk lid, roof, and hood. It has a dent from a garage mishap on the driver's side lower quarter panel, pictured. There is a small surface rust spot near the trunk emblem, pictured. The under carriage is rust free as are the floor boards, although the trunk floor under the original trunk mat does show surface rust only, again pictured. I did get it up on my friend's lift and it has an oil leak and a transmission leak, neither of which cause it to lose significant fluid and the garage floor shows signs of slow leaks. Included with the car are maintenance records and extra parts that include the original carburetors. This is a genuine original very good condition vehicle that provided many years of good weather fun and nostalgia. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Thank you for looking.
Philadelphia, PA area
Price $4,800

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,821 Posts
Cool car. I'm sorry to hear about your father. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Reactions: Yoram and Benh

·
Premium Member
1,598 Posts
sorry to read of your loss...good luck with your sale

Bill

·
Premium Member
1,347 Posts
Very sorry to hear about your dad. I wish everyone the best in the family.

As far as the car goes, that is a great deal. These have a bit of a cult following.

·
Registered
946 Posts
PM sent. Sorry to hear about your father.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts