Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
While completing my oil change I heard an odd flutter. I don't think the AC was on. I was building oil pressure to check for leaks. Anyone know what would cause this noise?

Video link

*Edit - Stock 2016 M6

·
Registered
478 Posts
check your belt, the main one......if it has pock marks on its outside, or just looks worn or old, replace it. With belt off spin the pulleys that are not connected as they can be a source of squeals and squish sounds.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will double check the belt, during my visual inspection of the engine bay the belt looked good.
Do you have a picture or example of pock marks? I usually just look for cracking on the belts.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I will double check the belt, during my visual inspection of the engine bay the belt looked good.
Do you have a picture or example of pock marks? I usually just look for cracking on the belts.
25K factory belt. at cold start, would "chirp, chirp....chirp" insides are fine, grooves are perfect. the smooth outside is what Im a talkin' about. I changed out an idler pulley just prior and it didnt remove the chirp, the new belts eliminated all forms of noise and the whole accessory line is pretty quiet and smooth now.
20201016_155203.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts