Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Chevy SS
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m barely modding my SS and I plan to run E85 soon. I already have the sensor, I don’t plan on getting an aux fuel pump since imma stay NA. I just wanna know what kind of injectors I should get to run safe. I’m sorry I’m wording this weird, I’m new to this.

·
Premium Member
1,193 Posts
54-60lb injectors would be fine. I’m using L94 injectors with basic bolt ons and can run 85% no problem.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I hear LSA injectors will work, might find a used set for a good price on the camaro or ctsv forums If you’re pinching pennies. Otherwise I’d run injector dynamics, 850 or bigger to cover most future mods.

·
Premium Member
1,193 Posts
I hear LSA injectors will work, might find a used set for a good price on the camaro or ctsv forums If you’re pinching pennies. Otherwise I’d run injector dynamics, 850 or bigger to cover most future mods.
Pattern is different for n/a vs boost. When I was looking to get injectors pat G said not to use lsa because of this that’s why I used the l94.

12609749 is the part number for the L94. Can be had as little at 250 for all 8. Don’t buy Chinese ones on eBay.

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
Wouldn’t you need to re-tune the engine if you switch fuel types? Does switching to bigger injectors make up for the loss of power running ethanol?

·
Premium Member
1,193 Posts
Wouldn’t you need to re-tune the engine if you switch fuel types? Does switching to bigger injectors make up for the loss of power running ethanol?
Yes it needs to be tuned. The factory injectors can run up to e50 as it cannot deliver enough fuel safely and will run lean. Larger injectors will get you to e85. You can still run 89-93 and the sensor will change its fuel and spark map accordingly. I recommend pat g to tune.

·
Registered
2017 Chevrolet SS; RH2, 6M, Sunroof, Full-size spare, #53 of 58 built in 2017
747 Posts
Pattern is different for n/a vs boost. When I was looking to get injectors pat G said not to use lsa because of this that’s why I used the l94.

12609749 is the part number for the L94. Can be had as little at 250 for all 8. Don’t buy Chinese ones on eBay.
Are you saying is $250 in hardware and a retune is all that’s keeps us from E85? Is the added water in the fuel system not good?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,193 Posts
Are you saying is $250 in hardware and a retune is all that’s keeps us from E85? Is the added water in the fuel system not good?

He already has a sensor so injectors and tune is all that is left. Are you paying for his mods or his payments if he’s got one? Is there a reason to start a ruckus? Help the guy out with something useful not useless

·
Registered
2017 Chevrolet SS; RH2, 6M, Sunroof, Full-size spare, #53 of 58 built in 2017
747 Posts
He already has a sensor so injectors and tune is all that is left. Are you paying for his mods or his payments if he’s got one? Is there a reason to start a ruckus? Help the guy out with something useful not useless
Quite PRICK-ly thus late in the evening, aren’t you?

·
Registered
362 Posts

Good to know, spray pattern would be minimal imo since aftermarket doesn’t make note of n/a vs boost. Finding the best GM option is the best deal by far! Thx for the info.

The added water benefits the environment, and every gallon you buy plants a tree in the Great North West.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Yes, tuning is needed, E85 gives you around a 10% bump in power but requires 30% more fuel. In some aeras this is a great option because E85 is 30% less expensive than premium fuel. It also reduces tailpipe emissions, one of the few things we can do that actually, depending on the area, costs less and provides more horsepower and torque while reducing emissions. In some areas its a break even on cost or even slightly more expensive but you get a higher octane fuel, 108 octane for straight E85. Pump E85 usually has a lower concentration of E than 85% but the benifits still exist for the higher octane and the extra % of fuel required to equal gasoline is proportional to the amount of ethanol in the blend. Keep in mind that E30 is around 94 octane and you can see the benefits of ethanol blends.

Reactions: JayJ

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
A 10% bump in horsepower is not too shabby. Going “E” and a tune seems like a good “next step“ in the journey to S/C land, as this was going to be part of the total package anyway.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Is a auxiliary pump needed if you are running a small cam? I'm looking to add E85 to my current build. My mechanic claims to run E85 I need 90lb injectors, flex fuel sensor and fuel pump from DSX. I thought it was just sensor and injectors. Anyone?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Bigger injectors will give you room to grow--horse power is addictive.
This doesn't answer my question(s), but thanks.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Is a auxiliary pump needed if you are running a small cam? I'm looking to add E85 to my current build. My mechanic claims to run E85 I need 90lb injectors, flex-fuel sensor, and fuel pump from DSX. I thought it was just sensor and injectors. Anyone?
If you have a tuner that knows what he is doing (which a lot of them do not), he/she will be able to answer your questions. My two cents: The OEM pump (which is the same pump in the ZL1) should be more than capable to handle E85 for a NA build.

·
Registered
362 Posts
This doesn't answer my question(s), but thanks.
I run boosted with a aux pump, so I am unsure about a n/a car. At the very least it would allow you to run blends. As was stated earlier your specific tuner will know more. Reach out to Glazner or DSX, I’m sure either of them can tell you and they both offer flex kits.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I spoke with Dave at DSX today. He says for N/A-you only need the flex fuel kit and he recommends E85 injectors. Thanks to those who gave input! (y)

Reactions: SucceSS and wilkin4
1 - 19 of 19 Posts