Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

So after three Track Days with the new Firehawk Indy 500, I have to say the wear is great. The tire itself is decent once you get some heat into them. The steering feedback is a little numb but again gets better with some heat. I consistently got over 1 Lateral G. Quite often 1.1g and a few just under 1.2g (1.19g). I think they will be good in the wet. (I will find out Monday).

Alignment specs are pictured below. Keep in mind that the specs are in minutes and not decimals. when converted to decimals the specs would read a bit higher.

Would I buy them again? For a street car, definitely. For a car that would see some occasional track use and or Autox. Yup. Would I purchase them for a car that is going to see more than 2 track events a year? No.

I am in a bit of a unique situation. I work at a private road course and see a lot of track time. I will also be getting my next set of tires paid for by work, so yes, I will be changing to the Bridgestone RE71R. A phenomenal tire but they wear quick. I am still curious about the new Continental ExtremeContact Sport. Especially in the wet, but I may wait until next year to try those out and see how they compare to the Firehawks.

I hope this helps someone. As far as the alignment specs go, I didn't go full track dedicated and this seems to be a happy medium for track and street use. I may end up putting a little more camber in the left front but otherwise I like it. The setup is a bit loose but i like it that way. Its easy to get the car to rotate. I only wish I had more tire upfront to help with the lateral grip. The whoas of a staggered setup ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Good feedback I was curious about this tire - I was't crazy about the tread width compared to other tires in the same sizes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts