Chevy SS Forum banner

121 - 140 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Just got my parts shipped off to Chris, for the second time. radio, cluster and HUD delete... no one has a good write up for the HUD removal... it’s a PITA, but doable for the right person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just got my parts shipped off to Chris, for the second time. radio, cluster and HUD delete... no one has a good write up for the HUD removal... it’s a PITA, but doable for the right person.

Was it difficult to remove the dash piece with the SS?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Was it difficult to remove the dash piece with the SS?

Took a few hours only because I had NO idea what we were doing, best advice I can say is there are a lot of hidden screws... if a firm pull doesn’t pop it off then there’s a screw somewhere. Center console has to be slid back, and a pillars have to come off. Glove box has to come out, trim around steering wheel has to come off, etc

·
Registered
52 Posts
Took a few hours only because I had NO idea what we were doing, best advice I can say is there are a lot of hidden screws... if a firm pull doesn’t pop it off then there’s a screw somewhere. Center console has to be slid back, and a pillars have to come off. Glove box has to come out, trim around steering wheel has to come off, etc

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,744 Posts
I thought the entire dash had to come out. This doesn't look too bad.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I thought the entire dash had to come out. This doesn't look too bad.

Entire dash needs to be 100% loose, and slide it as far as you can about a foot, it’s hard to get the bolts on the hud but doable with out actually removing it, then you can wiggle it out from the driver side.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Lol, my wife would probably murder me if she came out to the garage and my dash was torn apart like that.

Haha, my wife helped me rip it all out, which came in handy with smaller hands than mine! she’s the one that bought the conversion! I’ve already built my car, now it’s her turn to do what she wants to this one

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
Entire dash needs to be 100% loose, and slide it as far as you can about a foot, it’s hard to get the bolts on the hud but doable with out actually removing it, then you can wiggle it out from the driver side.

We need a hud removal tutorial. Maybe you can take some pics of the install and do a good write up. :grin
Did it look like there was a way to adjust the angle of the hud? I need to know if there’s a way to adjust it to get rid of the ghosting.

·
Registered
337 Posts
We need a hud removal tutorial. Maybe you can take some pics of the install and do a good write up. :grin

Did it look like there was a way to adjust the angle of the hud? I need to know if there’s a way to adjust it to get rid of the ghosting.

I guess the install would be good to do in reverse for removal, might do that since no one else has in all the years! Umm could change the angle with washers under the HUD. Wish it was more than deleting the bow tie, add the Holden logo and I’ll do a good write up on the install lol

·
Registered
92 Posts
Ok, I'm a bad guy for bumping another old thread... :laugh:

Hi Chris, LTNS... I know you're closed for a few more days (per the website and not taking PM's here), but I am SS shopping.

All I'm looking for is color conversion on the IPC. You know how I roll... Pontiac warm red. Can this be done with just LED changes? Or is the light diffuser an issue?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Alright Sports fans here is the latest update;
Interior dash is all apart for the Full Holden in (BLUE) that's right, you heard it here first....
Everybody has done the Red, so just to be different, (like you should be surprised), I paid for the extra work to do the Blue.
Just got notified yesterday that parts on the way home from the great white North, (thanks Chris).
Will upload pics of finished display screen and inst cluster.

Cheers,
tp

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Here it is the display color you have all been waiting for...…

Tangled up in Holden Blue....

Thanks Mr. White...

What y'all think?

Cheers,
tp

Attachments

·
Registered
497 Posts
Oh that looks really good. I was considering the red but for the price, I wanted other goodies instead. If the blue is even more... probably not going to happen any time soon.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
I think I was the prototype, so maybe the price is the same now, anyway glad to step out there for this one, if you can do it life is too short not to...

Granddaddy said, all it takes to get something done in this world is two things, Money and want too, if you run out of either one it might just not happen!!

Cheers,
tp

·
Registered
497 Posts
Just spent my allowance on springs and a splitter, so that's where my allowance went. I do really really like that blue. I need to stop looking at it.

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
Here it is the display color you have all been waiting for...…

Tangled up in Holden Blue....

Thanks Mr. White...

What y'all think?

Cheers,
tp
Two thumbs up!

121 - 140 of 150 Posts