Chevy SS Forum banner

81 - 100 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Ok... I'm a dummy. Let's say I have no idea what (a) silverbox is or does...but I need it to run mylink? Let's also say consider myself somewhat techy and want android auto; because it's new, and techy, and promises to bring more usability in my car on the go without causing as much distraction as just looking at my phone. And what if I'm being told that hacking or working around or coding won't make it work or I wouldn't want it to work because this mysterious silverbox doesn't have enough processing power in the first place. So, what is a silverbox? Is it silver? Where is it located in the vehicle? What is the difference between compatible and non compatible (and don't say compatibilty please) silverboxes? And would an android auto compatible silverbox/8" mylink system from, say, a comaro or corvette or Impala or Malibu be plug and play? Why or why not?

have you gotten an answer to this yet?

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Reactions: CB750

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
So instead of making fun of me why not a little help-- what an asshat.
So rather than search you bump a two plus year old post to ask for an answer to something that’s literally been covered here 50-100+ times (I’m pretty sure even in this thread!) and I’m the asshat? Lol good luck with that around here.

·
Premium Member
1,744 Posts
Chris,

Surely you cannot expect anyone to do their own research nowadays?! Coddle the snowflakes, because each one is special in their own right!

They deserve to have the same questions answered!

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
Chris,

Surely you cannot expect anyone to do their own research nowadays?! Coddle the snowflakes, because each one is special in their own right!

They deserve to have the same questions answered!
bwahahahah search this guys previous posts... this is a recurring theme LOL

Reactions: airboss63

·
Registered
387 Posts
bwahahahah search this guys previous posts... this is a recurring theme LOL
Hi Chris! Sorry to thread jack, but have been trying to contact you. I sent an email about a month ago to schedule an appointment for my radio/cluster conversion I purchased during the last group buy. Haven't heard anything back yet, so what would be the best way to reach you and confirm before I send in my parts?

My email is [email protected]

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 · (Edited)
Hi Chris! Sorry to thread jack, but have been trying to contact you. I sent an email about a month ago to schedule an appointment for my radio/cluster conversion I purchased during the last group buy. Haven't heard anything back yet, so what would be the best way to reach you and confirm before I send in my parts?

My email is [email protected]

Nick we responded on the 21st. Please check your spam and contact us back either way this weekend and we will get you taken care of.

Reactions: airboss63

·
Registered
387 Posts
Nick we responded on the 21st. Please check your spam and contact us back either way this weekend and we will get you taken care of.
Thanks for the quick response Chris, I'll check it out!

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Asshat - which definition is correct?

* a hat for your ass
* a hat made out of ass?
* a hat worn by the ancestors of donkeys?

According to Merriam Webster the definition is https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/asshat

"Definition of asshat - plural asshats - vulgar slang
: a stupid, annoying, or detestable person : ******* "

While I don't know if I am detestable, I do know that I match the first two criteria... so would I be something less than an asshat.. perhaps an asscap????

(This is an attempt to lighten the mood.... remember what I just said however.... I am stupid)

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
Asshat - which definition is correct?

* a hat for your ass
* a hat made out of ass?
* a hat worn by the ancestors of donkeys?

According to Merriam Webster the definition is https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/asshat

"Definition of asshat - plural asshats - vulgar slang
: a stupid, annoying, or detestable person : ******* "

While I don't know if I am detestable, I do know that I match the first two criteria... so would I be something less than an asshat.. perhaps an asscap????

(This is an attempt to lighten the mood.... remember what I just said however.... I am stupid)
It worked; I laughed, thank you! :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Chris - Just pulled the trigger yesterday (1/31) morning on purchasing the radio & instrument cluster upgrade/Holden conversion...Not sure what my next move is. I understand you are very busy, but just wanted to make sure that I was in the queue.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Chris - Just pulled the trigger yesterday (1/31) morning on purchasing the radio & instrument cluster upgrade/Holden conversion...Not sure what my next move is. I understand you are very busy, but just wanted to make sure that I was in the queue.

You would send him an email and he will let you know what dates are available. If he gets your stuff by Thursday then he will ship it back out Monday. This is at least how it worked for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,909 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Back OT, I'd really like to do this conversion. Folks say it's easy to disassemble the dash to remove the box, I'm the last guy I'd trust to pry open my dash. I envision a future filled with untraceable rattling noise.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Back OT, I'd really like to do this conversion. Folks say it's easy to disassemble the dash to remove the box, I'm the last guy I'd trust to pry open my dash. I envision a future filled with untraceable rattling noise.
My units were delivered to Chris today. It wasn’t half as difficult as I thought it would be getting them out. Just use trim tools and put a little electrical tape on the tips to soften them up. Everything is held in with heavy duty clips that are much harder to break than other cars. It took me about 45min and I really took my time. The hardest piece was the horizontal black trim piece under the start button and left side of hazzard button. That one piece took 20 min. I had to work at it from different angles. It was hard to get under that piece because it was held in so tight, but the rest was quick and easy.

Can’t wait to get them back! The hardest part is seeing it parked when I drive up in my other car :frown

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,024 Posts
Reactions: posimarx

·
Registered
20 Posts
Chris, I have a '17 ss. I have a set of R8 HSV gauges. I plugged them in and they work, except kilometers disappeared as soon as I plugged them in and now no mileage or kilo's appear. I'd like to send them to you to get the odometer working. I have a few questions. Can I use these HSV gauges and have the odometer display in miles? Can I have the heads up display read in mph? Can you convert stock mylink to a HSV EDI with the track stuff? Can you put the HSV logo on my stock mylink? If I got a factory HSV EDI unit, can that work in my '17 ss or is the harness not set up for it? Also, I installed a set of R8 console gauges, can you help me to get these working? It looks like it is a shared ground and a red and a green wire, where do they go? Please help me, I need your services!!! Thanks Matthew from Concord, CA.

81 - 100 of 150 Posts