Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2017 SS 6MT RPG
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my SS new in 2017 and have been saying I need a supercharger from day one. I finally pulled the trigger on a Magnusun TVS2300 kit and installed it last weekend.

Install was relatively straight forward, took me two days. The manual is for a right hand drive VE with an aftermarket intake, so there are some differences to deal with. Running the Magnuson tune on stock intake right now, figure intake and tune are next on the mod list.

Car feels great, I've been smiling for days...anyway, thought I'd share.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Nice and I’m impressed you tackled it yourself. This is what I’ve been saying I am going to do with my 2016 since I bought it new, but I keep finding reasons to delay. Enjoy it and let us know if you get it dyno’d/tuned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
So the Magnuson is the only mod you currently have? If you ever get any times for 0-60 or 1/4 mile, think you could share the times? Curious how much quicker the car is with a Magnuson, cold air intake, and tune from stock.

·
Registered
2017 SS 6MT RPG
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So the Magnuson is the only mod you currently have? If you ever get any times for 0-60 or 1/4 mile, think you could share the times? Curious how much quicker the car is with a Magnuson, cold air intake, and tune from stock.
Yes, the supercharger is the only mod. I've never tracked the car, but if I do I'll post times.

·
Registered
2017 SS 6MT RPG
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I have been working on a set of gauges for the car over the last several weeks, installed them today. My primary goal was to preserve part of the cubby under the radio and not install anything above dash level. The bezel is 3D printed (having issues with paint adherence), there are three separate OLED displays driven by an Arduino style board (ATmega 2560). I am using a 5V DC boost sensor, but haven't hooked it up yet since there are space issues with the NPT on the supercharger. The other two gauges are driven from the OBD-II port, CAN adapter is hard wired to the ATmega which updates every second. There is a dim control button on the top left (could be interfaced to the radio dim input) and a USB port for charging a phone. Next steps are improved paint for the "chrome" rings and hooking up the boost sensor.
Video link: here

Car Motor vehicle Gear shift Vehicle Steering part

1 - 12 of 12 Posts