Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Helm has posted that the Service Manual for the 2017 SS will be available on March 15. It's showing the USB memory stick version only:

2017 Chevrolet SS Sedan USB Drive

·
Premium Member
1,712 Posts
This document isn’t necessary just twist them bolts until the feel right or snap off.

(Let’s see if this bates CB out from behind the couch!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
41 Posts
If anyone needs a set of the 2014 SS service manuals, I have a set for sale in the classified section of this forum under SS Parts on page 3.

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Does the USB manual have electrical info like diagrams and component location? Somebody here said that the paper version doesn’t.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Does the USB manual have electrical info like diagrams and component location? Somebody here said that the paper version doesn’t.
Helms page is showing both paper and the thumb drive for the 2016 and no paper for the 2017. is also shows warranty for the 2018 SS?

·
Premium Member
1,712 Posts
Order placed.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
FYI - I just ordered the 2017 SM in paper.. it's out!
Good to see the paper option also. It looks like that is on backorder now. And the USB stick electronic version has been pushed out to May 15. I'm holding out for that one; I like the search capability (I assume it is PDF format), and just print off pages as needed, or take the laptop to the garage.

·
Premium Member
1,712 Posts
Got some movement on the order.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
^^ hunh . . . I received my Helm 2016 manual set almost exactly 1 year ago today. I just looked back at the Fedex tracking on it and noted that it showed a weight of 18.3 lbs.. I only mention it because, oddly, I remember the 4 manuals were just enclosed in a cardboard box, skin tight in every dimension, and of very modest thickness (i.e. no lost weight savings there), so it leaves me to wonder where the loss of 1/2 lb. on your set came from. :shrug:

·
Registered
122 Posts
This document isn’t necessary just twist them bolts until the feel right or snap off.

(Let’s see if this bates CB out from behind the couch!)

Cross threaded, torqued, or gorilla'd on, tight is tight!

Better yet, use the hillbilly spec. Tighten until they get loose, and then back off a half turn.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I ordered the 2017 print version about 2 weeks ago. Last week I got a call from Helm stating that they didn't have any copies available and my order was cancelled. They did say that I should contact them in several weeks to see if they had any in stock at that time.

·
Premium Member
1,712 Posts
These just arrived. Can’t seem to find the section covering the LSA???

·
Registered
221 Posts
I've been really considering getting a set. This is my first car I'm planning on doing as much work as possible on. What does everyone use the manual for? Talk me in or out of it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts