Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, just got a 2016 Chevy SS 10,000 miles exactly, one owner perfect condition. I got some 2015 wheels powder coated a dark sparkle grey which I do love but I am digging the ZL1 wheels and the 1LE Wheels, I’ve seen tons of people throw them on but they all have rolled fenders which I don’t want to because this car is so brand new still has the new car smell, and I’m afraid the paint is going to chip on it and what not. Any advice or who has their fenders rolled and can you tell me if you guys had any problems with paint chips? How are they holding up now and how long have you had them? Thank you so much!

·
Premium Member
Fixing My Own "SS"
345 Posts
Someone good at their job won't damage the paint. But there is no going back, either.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That’s the scary thing lol is I am scared that I’ll regret it, I mean I wish I could talk to someone who’s had it rolled and see how long they’ve had jt!

·
Super Moderator
8,862 Posts
The key is proper offset of the wheel. Several of us here at factory height running 295's and 305's with no issues. I am on a 20 x 10.5" rear wheel et 54 with 305/30ZR20 Michelin PS4S tires with no rub. Others are running similar or ET52 with good results as well.
Find and research the wheels you want, make sure of the width of the wheels, the offset of the wheels, Brembo clearance, hub bore diameter, lug pattern, etc. See the wheel directory thread of what's worked for people in the past, ask questions, send messages, etc.

When it comes to fender rolling, you may end up with an excellent job and be quite pleased with the results. If however it does not turn out well, there is no going back as @FMOSRacing mentioned. Whether paint work or body work, you don't want either. Not for a set of wheels.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The key is proper offset of the wheel. Several of us here at factory height running 295's and 305's with no issues. I am on a 20 x 10.5" rear wheel et 54 with 305/30ZR20 Michelin PS4S tires with no rub. Others are running similar or ET52 with good results as well.
Find and research the wheels you want, make sure of the width of the wheels, the offset of the wheels, Brembo clearance, hub bore diameter, lug pattern, etc. See the wheel directory thread of what's worked for people in the past, ask questions, send messages, etc.

When it comes to fender rolling, you may end up with an excellent job and be quite pleased with the results. If however it does not turn out well, there is no going back as @FMOSRacing mentioned. Whether paint work or body work, you don't want either. Not for a set of wheels.
View attachment 299229
That looks great dude your wheels and the size, no doings or anything? Maybe I don’t need springs tben if I just get a 20 inch wheels lol and your fenders aren’t rolled and you don’t get any rub? I was thinking of running the 1LE Wheels or the MRR reps of them since they have the offset, i was told it would be FOR WHEELS SIZE : 20x10 +23 front and a 20x11 +43 rear, now for tire size I have no idea because I’m bad with tire sizes and stuff when it comes to all the numbers (I know super noob)

·
Premium Member
832 Posts

15SuperSport, I thought I remembered from another thread that you don't ever ride with people in your backseat and seldom put anything in your trunk. I have some Titan7's spec'd by MaverickMan and Titan7 specifically for the SS similar specs as your wheels. Around town with just me they didn't rub either. When I put some people in the backseat and got on some fast twisty roads I got some slight rubbing.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Some other things to keep in mind is sidwall height. The wider you go the shorter the sidewall especially if you change wheel diameter. Stock rears are 35s and when you go 295-305 you'll need a 30. Short sidewall and a 11 inch wide tire on a 9.5 inch or 10 inch wheel will have a more rounded sidewall...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Some other things to keep in mind is sidwall height. The wider you go the shorter the sidewall especially if you change wheel diameter. Stock rears are 35s and when you go 295-305 you'll need a 30. Short sidewall and a 11 inch wide tire on a 9.5 inch or 10 inch wheel will have a more rounded sidewall...
and people call you paranoid

·
Registered
277 Posts
you didn't get the reference. guess my quote was a tad excessive
No, I got it.😉 dont expect tremors references here...lol. watch out for graboids!!!

Grady, some people think I'm overprepared, paranoid, maybe even a little crazy. But they never met any Pre-Cambrian lifeforms did they?

·
Registered
15 Posts
No, I got it.😉

Grady, some people think I'm overprepared, paranoid, maybe even a little crazy. But they never met any Pre-Cambrian lifeforms did they?
i couldn't resist. But back to the OP, i have the fenders rolled on my 2016, i didn't do it the previous owner did and i have to say the paint looks line around it. My paint issues are the hood from road chips, but I'm gonna get the car paint corrected and coated and get the 3m stuff on the front. Also having them rolled allows for bigger tires which just like the hellcat i had before the SS; the car definitely needs bigger tires for grip especially when adding more power

·
Super Moderator
8,862 Posts
15SuperSport, I thought I remembered from another thread that you don't ever ride with people in your backseat and seldom put anything in your trunk. I have some Titan7's spec'd by MaverickMan and Titan7 specifically for the SS similar specs as your wheels. Around town with just me they didn't rub either. When I put some people in the backseat and got on some fast twisty roads I got some slight rubbing.
Not many people, but I have a trunk full of things, full sized spare and jack, detail kit, towels, two lawn chairs and a car show display. (y)
It is also important to note that the sidewall number is a percentage of the width, or aspect ratio. So in the case of going from a 275/35R19 to a 305/30R20 the sidewall goes from a 3.8" on the 19 to a 3.6" on the 20. The only reason to go shorter in my case wasn't rubbing, but if you keep the same sidewall height on a 20 vs a 19, your tire total diameter will be too tall by an inch compared to factory height. In similar fashion the factory front is a 40 sidewall and the rear is a 35 sidewall, with only a tenth of an inch difference between the two as it is not a height number but a percentage of the width.

Reactions: 41AH24

·
Super Moderator
8,862 Posts

·
Premium Member
Fixing My Own "SS"
345 Posts
Titan7s with 295s, lowered, rolled and slightly pulled. A little rubbing at first on the tabs where the bumper cover attaches. Trimmed that back just a little and now no rubbing ever.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

1 - 20 of 23 Posts