Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Chevrolet SS
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering what brushes people are using to clean the barrels on their wheels. Specifically, I've gone through a few options on my stock 14/15 wheels and haven't been super impressed. The clearance between the caliper and the barrel is too tight for most.

Ones I have tried....

The Chemical Guys brush definitely fits the best, but the handle is glued on and comes off too easily. I see a lot of this brush rebranded on Amazon with better reviews, but I'm concerned they're all the same

This one was too fat to fit around the caliper, but just barely. Unfortunately, it didn't last. The material unraveled off the handle after a few uses. In fairness, I was cramming it into the gap on top of the caliper and it probably snagged on something.

Woolywormit. Very nice build quality and some nifty features, but still too big. Kinda bummed on that because there is a YouTube vid of a SS owner using this with seemingly no issues, but the wheels were 16/17.

Just looking for suggestions so I can stop wasting money trying them out myself.

Thanks!!

Mike

·
Registered
2015 Silver/ Stock
144 Posts
I'm wondering what brushes people are using to clean the barrels on their wheels. Specifically, I've gone through a few options on my stock 14/15 wheels and haven't been super impressed. The clearance between the caliper and the barrel is too tight for most.

Ones I have tried....

The Chemical Guys brush definitely fits the best, but the handle is glued on and comes off too easily. I see a lot of this brush rebranded on Amazon with better reviews, but I'm concerned they're all the same

This one was too fat to fit around the caliper, but just barely. Unfortunately, it didn't last. The material unraveled off the handle after a few uses. In fairness, I was cramming it into the gap on top of the caliper and it probably snagged on something.

Woolywormit. Very nice build quality and some nifty features, but still too big. Kinda bummed on that because there is a YouTube vid of a SS owner using this with seemingly no issues, but the wheels were 16/17.

Just looking for suggestions so I can stop wasting money trying them out myself.

Thanks!!

Mike
I know what you mean. I use these Adams brushes not perfect but I make it work and they won't scratch your wheel.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Speed Master. Not the cheapest option, but they work great and I've had no durability issues at all.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I use the Woolywormit and love it. Works awesome.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I hear ya. I searched high and low for a brush that would fit between the wheel and the Brembos. Then I saw this at Bed and Bath and thought it would work. I have been using the Oxo Good Grips microfiber brush for three years now. I use it with Flash Brown Royal wheel cleaner and it has worked well so far. Mine is a 16 with the tight spaces between the spokes and it works well. Others have said the wheel woolies work well. https://www.amazon.com/OXO-Good-Grips-Microfiber-Duster/dp/B00940DV6W

·
Premium Member
2,442 Posts
Speed Master. Not the cheapest option, but they work great and I've had no durability issues at all.

This is what I have.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Wheel woolies. I have the Daytona speed brush also but the bristles sling a lot of water back on you.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
138 Posts
Wheel woolies. I have the Daytona speed brush also but the bristles sling a lot of water back on you.

This made me laugh. The "sling back" is brutal if you're in a hurry... Especially if you use a product that "melts" the brake dust and turns it purple.. if you agitate it a bit with the Daytona / speed brush, you could easily have it all over yourself/clothing. Been there... Done that, have the stains to prove it. The key is to be extremely gentle...

Reactions: Boudin

·
Registered
282 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
This made me laugh. The "sling back" is brutal if you're in a hurry... Especially if you use a product that "melts" the brake dust and turns it purple.. if you agitate it a bit with the Daytona / speed brush, you could easily have it all over yourself/clothing. Been there... Done that, have the stains to prove it. The key is to be extremely gentle...
Yea I hated it, have to be way too gentle or wear a poncho. Not for me. Wheel woolies ftw.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Baby bottle cleaner. My son grew up and my wife was tossing them in the garbage and i grabbed one and it works great. Ill go get a picture. Probably $3 at walmart or bed bath beyound

1 - 12 of 12 Posts