Chevy SS Forum banner

Favorite Model Year?

• Total voters
41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Besides hood vents, what's different about the front on 14-15 vs 16-17?
The whole front bumper is different. No fog lights. SS emblem on the front. Side vents. Larger lower grill opening.

I believe the DRLs are always on too, but not positive on that
Photo credit to CrazyPaul.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,316 Posts
Well, my first 4-door Sedan SS was actually a 2004 Impala SS with the stock 3.8 Supercharged engine, and I loved it! Fast forward to today, and its the 2017 SS I purchased yesterday. I miss the thicker sheet metal of 2004, but I like all of the new features on my '17.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,106 Posts
14/15 wheels...15 brake calipers....15 front end.... 16/17 hood..... 16/17 exhaust IS A MUST!!!!

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #46

·
Registered
2,270 Posts

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Hmm - no mention of the 100K warranty on the '15's as well? Ya'll must have voided your warranties with superchargers that no one mentioned that yet. For the 14's (no offense), but the gray plastic look vs the PBM painted rear bumper to me has the 15's looking a little more 'finished' in my opinion. Always feel gray plastic gets so faded / weathered by the sun in time.

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
120 Votes, roughly half of you prefer/like the '15. 14 not getting much love.

Keep them coming!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hmm - no mention of the 100K warranty on the '15's as well? Ya'll must have voided your warranties with superchargers that no one mentioned that yet. For the 14's (no offense), but the gray plastic look vs the PBM painted rear bumper to me has the 15's looking a little more 'finished' in my opinion. Always feel gray plastic gets soo faded / weathered by the sun in time.
Their are very few that I would assume are going to put over 12k a year of miles of their beauties but I could be wrong.

PS 16 and 17 for the win, front end, exhaust/dual tips , hood, kazoo tube, and wheels are way better. Or just everything most that like 14 and 15 better dislike lol

·
Registered
58 Posts
i love my 15 the loss of the cd player and nice wheels not good the hood vents would not be good where i live so defenitly the 15 is best.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
i love my 15 the loss of the cd player and nice wheels not good the hood vents would not be good where i live so defenitly the 15 is best.
My 2015 has a CD player? Does it just hold one or several? I think I remember using CDs. Not sure where I'd store CDs in the SS, perhaps next to the cassettes?

·
Registered
17 Posts
i got with '15 for the best year.... i think we can all agree that the changes from '14-'15 were all improvements, the changes from then on are open for debate:eek.

41 - 60 of 77 Posts