Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have a 2017 SS I installed headers and bought a build from Livernois. The problem I'm having is that I keep getting these codes P0420 and P0430 and P015/B/D. Ive had to reinstall the build 4 times now, how can the build revert back to the original build? I drive the car about every 2 months for about 2 hours, starts out great and within 30 minutes the codes come back and the car runs horrible. Very frustrated, anybody have any ideas or experience on this issue?
Thanks

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Not sure what you mean buy "build". Guess it could mean tune?

The PCM will never revert back to a previous tune by its self. Livernois has good customer service, check with them.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
420/430 is cat inefficiency, they should be tuned out from Livernois - although unsure if they disable them or just widened the parameters. I installed a header tune from them and didn't get those two but eventually got 2097 and 2099 codes for the post cat O2s. Tried a few things thinking it was on my end, nothing worked got a hold of Livernois (tech support responded within a day or two), they sent me a revision and codes have been gone since. So get a hold of their customer service and they should resolve it, those two codes are pretty basic header codes, even with cats, that have to be tuned for. P015B/D I have no experience with though, sorry, but would still think it related to the tune. There's a list of codes when you tune for headers that have to be disabled.

Reactions: wilkin4

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure what you mean buy "build". Guess it could mean tune?

The PCM will never revert back to a previous tune by its self. Livernois has good customer service, check with them.
Yes the tune.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
420/430 is cat inefficiency, they should be tuned out from Livernois - although unsure if they disable them or just widened the parameters. I installed a header tune from them and didn't get those two but eventually got 2097 and 2099 codes for the post cat O2s. Tried a few things thinking it was on my end, nothing worked got a hold of Livernois (tech support responded within a day or two), they sent me a revision and codes have been gone since. So get a hold of their customer service and they should resolve it, those two codes are pretty basic header codes, even with cats, that have to be tuned for. P015B/D I have no experience with though, sorry, but would still think it related to the tune. There's a list of codes when you tune for headers that have to be disabled.
I sent them an email this morning and Im sure they will reply they always do :) I just hope this gets resolved.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I finally figured out why I was getting those P015 A/B codes. When I had the exhaust system apart I had to order 02 lead extensions and somehow I got the two leads switched before the cat and after the cat. The new tune by Livernois took the rear 02 sensors out of the loop, the ECM was getting the reading after the cat instead of before the cat. I swapped them out plugged in my ODB reader and it showed a live graph of the 02 sensor voltage fluctuations (like they are supposed to do). Now no light finally !!! it only took a year to figure out :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts