Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
So a scientific study by a third party is less reliable than consumer reports that has a selection bias?

Fake ad? Did anyone have data debunking Chevy's? I don't know the literature very well but putting the consumer reports part in the article is poor journalism and might be classified as fake news.

Now if they would have questions GM definition of more reliable or the study itself that would have made a better article.

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
Whoever is running the GM Marketing department needs to be arrested for theft. These adds are horrible and now borderline libelous. That add didn't last long before Honda & Toyota protested.

Other perspective, the commercials do provide great content for Mahk to make fun of them with :D

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I'd put Consumer Reports above JD Power at least... I'd probably put both of those above calling my good customers to ask them about opinions of my product though.

·
Registered
29 Posts
If they are using one year (2015) that is not good without having a rational.

I am just saying that consumer reports is not a scientific survey and the article is an example of poor journalism.

Also it is not unreasonable hypothesis that gm cars built today or recently can be more reliable than Ford, Honda, or Toyota. The question is how can you prove that without waiting ten years? Is this study great? It doesn't sound like it from the article, but that is not explained in the article instead they bring up consumer reports.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Sounds like it's all Fake News BS, Jd powers, CR, and Chevy's polls all are different. Maybe GM has been doing the lpsos for years and finally got lucky! ahahaha

Who cares, the're all junk. ehehe

·
Registered
763 Posts
don't know what hsit GM is smoking, I'd pick a honda/Toyota over GM for reliability any day.

ppp

edit: ford... dunno their new V8s & transmissions are having problems. let alone the fiasco with the RS.

·
Registered
29 Posts
don't know what hsit GM is smoking, I'd pick a honda/Toyota over GM for reliability any day.

ppp

edit: ford... dunno their new V8s & transmissions are having problems. let alone the fiasco with the RS.
It was a study not an opinion.

I read the original Jalopnik article. It is written much better. GM should release the raw data.

If Toyota disagrees with the results they can fund their own study with a third party.

·
Registered
763 Posts
It was a study not an opinion.

I read the original Jalopnik article. It is written much better. GM should release the raw data.

If Toyota disagrees with the results they can fund their own study with a third party.
Thank you, I hear ya.

one thing to take away from this and anything like this is... cherry pick the polling people/ polling data and you can twist it to suit your needs.
buyer beware , which most aren't. fwiw most reliable car for me has been the Hyundai Genesis Sedan, follow up was the inifiniti G35.

ppp

·
Registered
103 Posts
Most likely the same as Motor Trend car of the Year. Based on who spent the most on advertising. I know several GM pickup owners that are very upset with their new vehicles dependability.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts