Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does someone have the ACTUAL diagram for the 2014 exhaust? I am going to get estimates this week for Mid Muffler and Resonator Delete. One diagram I saw shows "secondary Cats"?

·
Super Moderator
13,870 Posts
Here's a pic of the 2014. The secondary cats are the bulges above the mid-muffler/resonator and the h-pipe.
Primary cats are not shown as they reside in the down tube connecting the manifold to the top of the pictured system.
Right click on the image and "Open in a New Tab" to get a larger view.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's a pic of the 2014. The secondary cats are the bulges above the mid-muffler/resonator and the h-pipe.
Primary cats are not shown as they reside in the down tube connecting the manifold to the top of the pictured system.
Right click on the image and "Open in a New Tab" to get a larger view.
From top to bottom, those bulbous things (just above “H-pipe”) are Secondary Cat? I’ve seen some folks call those “resonators”, and then the larger “muffler” in the center is Mid-muffler? Asking because I am clueless. Going to get estimates today to delete both “resonators” and kid-muffler. This SS needs to breath!!

·
Super Moderator
13,870 Posts
Yes and yes. Bulbous things are the secondary cats. The only resonator is the shiny thing in the middle sometimes called the mid-muffler.
BTW... neither of those are very restrictive on a stock system. The exhaust manifolds and primary cats are the most restrictive components in the system.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mainly looking for more volume and want the Camaro SS performance Exhaust sound ... for $100-$150, worth a shot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts