Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,141 Posts
I have for sale a Magnuson Heartbeat Supercharger CARB California compliant
New in boxes never opened 7500.00 + Shipping OBO
Location, Santa Clarita California View attachment 288751 View attachment 288751
GLWS!!!

ES

PS! You are almost up to 5 posts/replies, and that is the threshold for activation of the "Conversation" (Private Messaging) feature!! Once you have reached that milestone,,, log off for a few minutes, log back on and you can then conduct sale negotiations Privately (the preferred method!!)

Again,,, GLWS!!

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
I noticed that the part number on yours is slightly different than the one shown on Magnuson's website. The website shows 01-23-62-055-BL as being the current CARB version. Is it possible that yours, an 02-23-62-055-BL, is an older model, or perhaps a refurbished model? How long ago did you purchase it? I guess it's possible that their website is fouled up too. I tried calling them, but no one answers the phones for some reason.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I noticed that the part number on yours is slightly different than the one shown on Magnuson's website. The website shows 01-23-62-055-BL as being the current CARB version. Is it possible that yours, an 02-23-62-055-BL, is an older model, or perhaps a refurbished model? How long ago did you purchase it? I guess it's possible that their website is fouled up too. I tried calling them, but no one answers the phones for some reason.
Good2go,
IT was purchased as a 01-23-62-055 BL in Late January 2020
I will try to find out tomorrow from Magnuson

·
Premium Member
1,651 Posts
Nice unit. I am running one on my LS swap beater I am putting together

GLWS! These are the later units with the updated cover and bricks compared to prior.

Reactions: Vicarious_Lee

·
Registered
123 Posts
What makes it "CARB California compliant " and what does that cost in HP vs not being CCC?

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
What makes it "CARB California compliant " and what does that cost in HP vs not being CCC?
Essentially, it means it comes with a "tune" included, whereby you send in your PCM for reflashing. If you buy the "tuner" kit, it does not include a tune, nor a CARB sticker to stick under the hood (for the smog nazis).

·
Registered
139 Posts
I’m impressed that Magnuson took the time money and effort for a CARB compliant kit. Hats off to them. How many of these cars are actually in CA.
Im in NY and we do have CA emissions here. However, as long as the car has converters and all of the obdll monitors will set I’ve never had a problem with aftermarket parts during my inspections. I definitely got the third degree when a mechanic saw a 76mm turbo on myLS1 but it passed the plug in test so not a problem.

GLWS! If I didn’t have a new LSA sitting in the garage I’d be all over this!

·
Premium Member
1,651 Posts
They likely did it because of volume to dealerships and up fitters is rather large out there in the home base. Plus - exactly as you stated - that allows them to have a good chunk of the market as well! :)

Reactions: Buffaloheron15
1 - 20 of 33 Posts