Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are welcome!

Super Moderator
Thanks for the thread.馃憤
You are welcome!
Yes, thank you. Perhaps a "post your soundbites here" thread would garner different setups, i.e. Kooks, ARH, Stainless Works, factory manifolds, etc., including the variables in @Silver Surfer 's thread as well as several different muffler mfg., with several different combinations possible. It may be a decent reference for those looking to upgrade with questions on the sound of various setups. :unsure:

Premium Member
I agree I thought the stock muffler with the cats sounded the best. It surprised me a bit. Thanks for the effort and posting this!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, thank you. Perhaps a "post your soundbites here" thread would garner different setups, i.e. Kooks, ARH, Stainless Works, factory manifolds, etc., including the variables in @Silver Surfer 's thread as well as several different muffler mfg., with several different combinations possible. It may be a decent reference for those looking to upgrade with questions on the sound of various setups. :unsure:
Oh yeah thanks for reminding me...there is thread thread here. I always find it hard to really get a feel for exhaust changes unless you compare different setups in one video like I did. When someone posts a video of what their car sounds like without a "control", then its not helpful, but still better than nothing...

Reactions: 15SuperSport

Premium Member
I really like these types of videos, they can't be easy to make! The change from one setup to another was quick, which makes comparisons easier. Thank GOODNESS I did not buy the ARH axle backs! I agree, they sound like they are under water! I have a '17 with ARH to the stock axel backs and I really like the sound. However, I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on the Solo axle backs and get rid of the mufflers all together. Supposedly these are relatively quiet until you romp on it, where the straight pipes come to life! If the SS were your only vehicle I could see (maybe) getting worn down by the sound. My thought would be to quiet it down with your choice of mufflers then put cut-outs on it for the times you want some huge sound!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts