Chevy SS Forum banner

341 - 360 of 449 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I paid through my nose, believe me...
Actually the spreadsheet uses the amounts paid to generate the quantity reference numbers for the shipping labels, and I decided after much debate not to ship any to myself.
At the very least, yours should be paid for by all of our contributions. Who knows how much longer this would have dragged on if you hadn’t stepped up! Thanks again for making this happen.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
To all Lighter Spring enthusiasts: Your springs are off on their way to you.

USPS tracking numbers are in the following link - look yours up by your street address (no worries, no names, cities or states/zip codes are included).

Since we have realized external cost efficiencies above plan (labor costs not accounted for...), I have donated thanks to y'all $300 to Safe Harbor of Greenville SC.
This is a non-denominational non-profit providing shelter and support to victims of domestic violence, a major affliction in our state.
You can find more info in the following link:

We have just 6 springs left from Batch 2, available at the same $21.60 for one and $31.90 for two.

Let me know of any questions and I'm sure you will share your thoughts of these superior springs once you put them on.
Please PM me with any concerns specific to your order.

Cheers!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Wow I just checked this site again after weeks. Good timing by me! That sounds great, Yoram, thank you!

How do you like yours so far?

Reactions: Yoram

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Wow I just checked this site again after weeks. Good timing by me! That sounds great, Yoram, thank you!

How do you like yours so far?
I have one from Batch 1 and it is much much better than the OEM. I'm keeping one from this Batch but am not planning on installing it at this point.
If you want one or two please PM me with your name and shipping address. I will respond with my PayPal info.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I have one from Batch 1 and it is much much better than the OEM. I'm keeping one from this Batch but am not planning on installing it at this point.
If you want one or two please PM me with your name and shipping address. I will respond with my PayPal info.
Thanks.
@veeeight, scratch the last part, didn't recall you are already part of batch 2... Sorry.

Reactions: veeeight

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Yes you can. Please PM me with your name and shipping address and how many you want.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Got my clutch springs! 👍

Also just realized the old spring is heavily greased. I guess that's to eliminate squeaking noise when depressing the pedal. What are you guys putting on the new spring?

·
Registered
266 Posts
A light coating of grease. Probably should wait until after the spring is installed, as installation will be more difficult if slippery.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I greased the reaction points (pedal and 2 sides) before installation. Greased the entire spring after installation also to help against corrosion - it is not coated.
I used silicon grease for this as it is gentler with plastics and elastomers.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Spring installed and test driven. 10/10 mod for the money. Clutch pedal feels way more natural and linear, it's a damn shame it didn't come this way from factory.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Only 3 springs left!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Spring arrived today, will install tomorrow, and test engagement in garage. Unfortunately I won’t have time for a test drive, with things around the house, but it will get put on!

My only hope is that it holds the pedal up, but since my entire clutch system has been replaced, I’m curious how this will feel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I havnt checked on this thread in a while. I have a spring from the first batch and ive been loving it. Without going throigh the whole thread again, is this next batch any different?

Either way I think I want another one. A friend may want one and if not ill at least have a back up for the off chance that it breaks or wears out.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I havnt checked on this thread in a while. I have a spring from the first batch and ive been loving it. Without going throigh the whole thread again, is this next batch any different?

Either way I think I want another one. A friend may want one and if not ill at least have a back up for the off chance that it breaks or wears out.
These springs are essentially the same as Batch 1. Please PM me with your name and shipping address and I will provide you with my PayPal account. One spring is $21.60.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
A note to all interested: Springs are reserved once they are paid for -- first paid first served. 3 unpaid.

341 - 360 of 449 Posts