Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I purchased my 2017 back in March 2017 I had Expell Ultimate PPF put on. Found bird crap on the hood last week and washed it off but it left a stain and roughness in the film. No way could I get rid of it by normal detailing methods. Was about to take it to the folks that installed the film and remembered that it was supposed to be self healing with the application of very warm water or let it sit in sun. I used my heat gun very carefully and I was very surprised that it came out! This stain was about 3" diameter. Very happy with the results.

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Glad you got it out with the heat gun, and I noticed that you specifically wrote "used my heat gun very carefully". For others, I would not recommend a heat gun with the film. You can accidentally apply too much heat too fast and damage the film. Very warm water or a hair dryer should be good enough to get the needed results without potential risk of damage that a heat gun could cause. Sorry if this sounds like a a knock on your method, it is not intended to be. I just wanted to give a PSA for those that might not have noticed the importance of respecting the almighty heat gun with film. I have proven that you cannot fix stupid on a few occasions with a heat gun (not on film). Fortunately, it was on simple things that were not big deals (and not on my SS). I would like to think that I am getting wiser with old age, but the old age might just actually be allowing me to just forget the stupid stuff. What was I saying again? :eek

1 - 2 of 2 Posts