Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So its been bout a week since ive installed my ARH Catless headers on my 14’ , install went pretty good no issues but lately ive been noticing on start up and when im driving and i let off the accelerator it makes like a chirp (almost sounds like a bird chirp) noise. Any one else run into this? Been searching on threads n cant really find a post similar to my issue . I was trying to upload the video on here bt unable to

·
Premium Member
1,347 Posts
When my start up chirp happened it was the lifter failure on my GXP...

·
Premium Member
2,193 Posts
I too had a chirp that turned out to be a lifter. Most of the time it's a belt or pulley.
Hunt it down with a stethoscope...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I too had a chirp that turned out to be a lifter. Most of the time it's a belt or pulley.
Hunt it down with a stethoscope...
Not to sure yet, getting the car up right n going to see if any clamps or bolts are loose. The thing is , this noise wasnt there stock which was just a week ago so im hoping it isnt a lifter

·
Premium Member
1,347 Posts
Any way i could send you the video and see if it sounded similar? Tbh i wasnt hearing this noise a week ago when it was completely stock
Wish I could, but that was 9-10 years ago. I think it was high teens / low 20s for miles.

·
Premium Member
2,193 Posts
Odds are in your favor for something besides a lifter.
Mine went at 40k. Don't see many on our forum here
but is known to Corvette owners. Hope it's something
simple!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I previously posted about my issue im having with the exhaust on my SS after installing some headers , hears the clip

·
Premium Member
657 Posts
Lol not for nothing but that sounds exactly like mine when I rev in the same fashion. Anymore input other than possible lifter?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lol not for nothing but that sounds exactly like mine when I rev in the same fashion. Anymore input other than possible lifter?
Really?Any way you could shoot me a video of how your sounds? Ive been trying everything, still no result. Last resort is taking it to an exhaust shop and seeing if they could find the issue while its in the air (did this at home with a couple jacks)

·
Premium Member
657 Posts
Really?Any way you could shoot me a video of how your sounds? Ive been trying everything, still no result. Last resort is taking it to an exhaust shop and seeing if they could find the issue while its in the air (did this at home with a couple jacks)
I think it’s just the exhaust. I’ve had chirps in my bbc headers once they went on but there was no issue with ignition or valve train. Just something that happens with the header design. I ignored it and I’ve had the noise since I installed the headers as well. Going on 5500 miles since.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think it’s just the exhaust. I’ve had chirps in my bbc headers once they went on but there was no issue with ignition or valve train. Just something that happens with the header design. I ignored it and I’ve had the noise since I installed the headers as well. Going on 5500 miles since.
Man idk how you do it , ive been trying to ignore it but just cant lol. No leaks or anything on yours?

·
Premium Member
657 Posts
No leaks at all. The slightest thing I have is a random misfire that isn’t random enough to cause CEL. I am using the ARH with cats to bi modals. I’m assuming it’s the header design like the lemon headers I have to bbc.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No leaks at all. The slightest thing I have is a random misfire that isn’t random enough to cause CEL. I am using the ARH with cats to bi modals. I’m assuming it’s the header design like the lemon headers I have to bbc.
Interesting... ive been told by a couple people with our same setup that it wasnt normal thats why i was surprised you responded saying you had the same noise . If you got a video id love to hear it so i know im not going crazy lol

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
I previously posted about my issue im having with the exhaust on my SS after installing some headers , hears the clip
It is an odd sound, but to me seems totally exhaust related, doesn't sound bad....

·
Premium Member
657 Posts
Been busy today. Couldn’t get a video. It is the same pop/chirp sound tho. I just upgraded my injectors and still have the same misfires so next step is coil packs.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Been busy today. Couldn’t get a video. It is the same pop/chirp sound tho. I just upgraded my injectors and still have the same misfires so next step is coil packs.
Bro any chance you get would be much appreciated,i currently have the car in the air, removed most of piping , started up with jus headers on and im still getting the chirp. Almost wanting to just remove headers and put stock manifolds back n see if i still hear it then maybe it would be a lifter

1 - 20 of 34 Posts