Registered
407 Posts
I Went cheap on rock auto and shoulda went with oe or I believe bmr

Mine works loose every few months and clunks over bumps

·
Registered
2015 APM SS
15 Posts
Yes, it was clunking going over bumps. If your noise changes with applying the brakes I'd lean more towards strut mounts, bushings or ball joints. Although I once had a front end clunk in another one of my cars that ended up being a missing brake caliper bolt.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, it was clunking going over bumps. If your noise changes with applying the brakes I'd lean more towards strut mounts, bushings or ball joints. Although I once had a front end clunk in another one of my cars that ended up being a missing brake caliper bolt.
Thanks, difficult to track down without
throwing parts at it. Car had only 8K
miles when I started noticing it.

·
Registered
383 Posts
For those going with beefier end links is there any concern with how the sway bar will take the extra load? I am guessing thats more of a track concern but a stiffer end link will pass more load to the sway bar. I noticed even the Moog end links have a bigger OD than the OEM version.

·
Registered
2015 APM SS
15 Posts
It doesn't have any adverse effects. If anything it would wear out the bushings quicker but very unlikely

·
Registered
97 Posts
I chased a bad sway bar link rattle for months. Definitely sounds similar to worn a-arm bushings or something along that line. Just ordered a new gm part. SS has 21k now.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Factory Front End Links are a joke - they are the Size of a Pencil! 3/8 Diameter, a foot long.
Calculated and tested to do the job. If they flex (in compression) they would buckle, but they don't. I'm sure someone calculated the slenderness ratio to ensure no buckling and they passed Lang Lang durability. I heard of the joints wearing out, but not of the rod breaking.
Light for sure; not a joke.

·
Registered
2014 SS, Heron White, No Sunroof, added OEM spare
2,841 Posts
If I have to replace mine I'll go with the BMR units, to go with my sub-frame connectors and driveshaft tunnel brace, if nothing else.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts