1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Any reason these couldn't be used with a whipple?
I don't see why not. My installer talked to them about an application for the Maggie heartbeat and was given the green light. You might need a different/custom bracket, but ultimately it just has to be upright in the engine compartment.

Here is the elite can installed on an L3 Camaro with a heartbeat blower.

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com - View Single Post - My Heartbeat Supercharger 2011 2SS M6 project

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have lots of inquires recently about whether these catch cans will work with various superchargers on the SS. I unfortunately don't know the answer but if anyone has any experience I'm all ears

·
Registered
346 Posts
Can you do a quick SS buyer guide on these catch cans? What bracket do people get for the SS? Should I get check valves, and how many exits (any reason not to just get 2)?

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
I have lots of inquires recently about whether these catch cans will work with various superchargers on the SS. I unfortunately don't know the answer but if anyone has any experience I'm all ears
I had my installer put one in at the time of the SC install. This is what was ordered:

Elite Engineering Catch Can
(Choose your Vehicle: 2014+ Chevy SS, Colors: ..........BLACK, Type of Fittings: Black AN Fittings and Rubber Hose Finishers (+$26.00), Type of Hose: Black Nylon Braided Hose (+$59.00), Default Bracket Type: Hockey, (1x) 10mm Hex Bolt, Short Aluminum Spacer, Add Exit Line Check Valve? Yes (+$12.75), Add Clean-Air Oil Separator? No Thanks, Vehicle Year and Comments: 2015 SS with Magnusson heartbeat supercharger)

They located it on the drivers side as tensioner was in the way using the elite supplied bracket.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I had my installer put one in at the time of the SC install. This is what was ordered:

Elite Engineering Catch Can
(Choose your Vehicle: 2014+ Chevy SS, Colors: ..........BLACK, Type of Fittings: Black AN Fittings and Rubber Hose Finishers (+$26.00), Type of Hose: Black Nylon Braided Hose (+$59.00), Default Bracket Type: Hockey, (1x) 10mm Hex Bolt, Short Aluminum Spacer, Add Exit Line Check Valve? Yes (+$12.75), Add Clean-Air Oil Separator? No Thanks, Vehicle Year and Comments: 2015 SS with Magnusson heartbeat supercharger)

They located it on the drivers side as tensioner was in the way using the elite supplied bracket.

I don't see your exit line check valve. Is it in the first loop coming off the side of the can?

Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts