Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Premium Member
2,493 Posts
jat could be onto something. Does anyone know if other NA 2014 product with MyLink can playback DVD?
Yes they do only when the rear screen is installed. Easy to see there is a DVD logo on the unit if it will play a DVD.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Reactions: 2074 and z51vett

· Registered
1,111 Posts
Just asked the guy who owns the SS V redline at work, he can play a movie but not with the disk, it needs to be saved onto a phone or some other device and the movie is "played back"
To play a movie from the DVD disk you need the in roof player/screen unit

· Registered
297 Posts
Wonder if the movies will play from the USB slot in the center console? With the CD and DVD discs giving way to flash and online media, I would think the years remaining for in car DVD players is numbered.

· Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SS V & Calais V both have DVD playback (packaged with sat nav) standard, optional on other models.
Asia/Pacific is zone 6, USA is zone 1, could be why it's not working.
Thanks for posting up this info. I was on the Club VF Facebook page and someone was asking how to get video in motion (VIM). I had not seen anyone talk about it so I figured I would ask.

· Registered
553 Posts
Thanks for posting up this info. I was on the Club VF Facebook page and someone was asking how to get video in motion (VIM). I had not seen anyone talk about it so I figured I would ask.
I offer IWM for the VE both Blaupunkt and Holden IQ I also do it for the Mylink but without a DVD drive its kind of moot ;) It does allow you to enter addresses and remove all the other in motion lockouts though.

Reactions: z51vett

· Registered
1,111 Posts
Does anyone have a remote DVD player they can trial, note: this will only work when the vehicle is stationery, if it works a VIM (video in motion) mod can be done to allow viewing while driving, without it the screen blanks out when moving.

· Registered
553 Posts
Does anyone have a remote DVD player they can trial, note: this will only work when the vehicle is stationery, if it works a VIM (video in motion) mod can be done to allow viewing while driving, without it the screen blanks out when moving.

It wouldn't be remote the DVD unit replaces the cd drive in the radio silver box.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

· Registered
220 Posts
Wonder if the movies will play from the USB slot in the center console? With the CD and DVD discs giving way to flash and online media, I would think the years remaining for in car DVD players is numbered.
Doesn't work either. It's only for music.
I think it has something to do with it being unsafe to drive and watch movies simultaneously. :shrug:
:)

· Registered
7 Posts
DVD Playback

Have just tried the playback of a Region 2,4 DVD and works fine whilst car ignition is on accessory only.

As soon as the car is started I get the following message displayed " Video playback on this display prohibited while driving.

Can't wait for someone to come up with a VIM or similar to allow the passenger to watch a DVD while driving and possibly reverse camera display while reverse not selected.

Dan

· Registered
220 Posts
Have just tried the playback of a Region 2,4 DVD and works fine whilst car ignition is on accessory only.

As soon as the car is started I get the following message displayed " Video playback on this display prohibited while driving.

Can't wait for someone to come up with a VIM or similar to allow the passenger to watch a DVD while driving and possibly reverse camera display while reverse not selected.

Dan
are those wheels stock powder coated or new ones? They look nice.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.