Chevy SS Forum banner
101 - 113 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Update: This morning I hit a sustained .95g on a bumpy road without really pushing or any loss of traction at 40F on Michelin X-Ice xi3 tires. I have a track day planned for July 1, so I'll get to see what Michelin Pilot Sport 4s tires get me.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Does the controller have different mode based on tour or sport like the stock controller?
So it does have those in the settings and you can modify them, and it does work on other vehicles, and it is supposed to work on the ss as well, but at this time it does not. I'm working with the company to test different firmware and try to get all the modes working correctly.

Honestly though I don't really ever feel the need for any other modes as the tune I created pretty much handles any condition extremely well. It's set up so when driving at under .2g the suspension is pretty much at it's softest and it's very smooth and forgiving and even at under .2g it will stiffen a bit as the speed rises above 60mph. Once you go beyond .2g it immediately stiffens and handles extremely well while also being compliant for bumps even on turns like the 1.23g turn at over 100mph I took yesterday. I wasn't even at the limit of grip and there was in fact a significant bump in the middle of the turn which didn't unsettle the car at all.

I've found the real magic of the controller to be in the velocity table which let's you control the low, medium, and high speed stiffness of the rebound and compression individually. Every other table builds on top of this velocity table.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Is the dsc controller a one time product run? Theyre website doesnt even show backordered, just out of stock. (Might be another company hit by microchip shortage)

seems like the best possible solution short of other companies coming up with the same thing. Theyre full coilover remote res kits look interesting too, not cheap, but i would pay for a decent suspension setup on these cars as there just isnt anything that great out there currently.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I don't believe it was a one time thing, chip shortage seems possible, but I would reach out and ask. Imo it's the best bang for your buck by far for any mod period, even if you can only ever use one suspension mode. Better comfort and performance than any other suspension mod all in one for $1000 seems like a no brainer to me.

·
Registered
23 Posts
So it does have those in the settings and you can modify them, and it does work on other vehicles, and it is supposed to work on the ss as well, but at this time it does not. I'm working with the company to test different firmware and try to get all the modes working correctly.

Honestly though I don't really ever feel the need for any other modes as the tune I created pretty much handles any condition extremely well. It's set up so when driving at under .2g the suspension is pretty much at it's softest and it's very smooth and forgiving and even at under .2g it will stiffen a bit as the speed rises above 60mph. Once you go beyond .2g it immediately stiffens and handles extremely well while also being compliant for bumps even on turns like the 1.23g turn at over 100mph I took yesterday. I wasn't even at the limit of grip and there was in fact a significant bump in the middle of the turn which didn't unsettle the car at all.

I've found the real magic of the controller to be in the velocity table which let's you control the low, medium, and high speed stiffness of the rebound and compression individually. Every other table builds on top of this velocity table.
I have the DSC controller installed. About 2 weeks now.
absolutely incredible the way it fixed the handling and ride.
It does tend to
Bounce me up, out of the seat when going over bridges.
feels too soft for highway speeds? Maybe .
what should I change/adjust first?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Here is a link to download the tuning file I've been working on. Feel free to pm me your number or email if you want to talk about it in depth.

One thing to remember is my car is lowered so an unlowered car may require some changes.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Here is a link to download the tuning file I've been working on. Feel free to pm me your number or email if you want to talk about it in depth.

One thing to remember is my car is lowered so an unlowered car may require some changes.

DSC Sport Calibration File
how low?
i am on Eibachs

with my kid's racing I havent had time to mess w it or even drive the car!

·
Premium Member
Inception Date: 1 March 2017, Chevy SS Sedan, White, A6, Spare, No Sun
1,644 Posts
Wow, I have to commend you on the amount of research and preparation of your thread. The DSC system seems like a great product alternative for our SS.
I'm not a fan of lowering the vehicle for various reasons, although I like the visual appearance of those who have chosen this route. After four years of playing with the ride options, I am partial to track mode because of its handling in the corners. I'm going to have to keep an eye on the DSC system as it progresses.

·
Registered
82 Posts
IMG_20200330_175100.jpg

I think I got the King ssl springs front and rear. I posted more info in another thread.

I also made an update to the tune a few days ago so I'll upload that in a bit. Made the medium speed compression and rebound slightly more stiff. Seemingly helps control extreme bumps much better without really sacrificing comfort, and ultimately handles better as well.

If anyone ever uses one of these tunes I'd be very interested to know your opinion.

Edit: DSC Sport Calibration File

·
Registered
31 Posts
View attachment 290756
I think I got the King ssl springs front and rear. I posted more info in another thread.

I also made an update to the tune a few days ago so I'll upload that in a bit. Made the medium speed compression and rebound slightly more stiff. Seemingly helps control extreme bumps much better without really sacrificing comfort, and ultimately handles better as well.

If anyone ever uses one of these tunes I'd be very interested to know your opinion.

Edit: DSC Sport Calibration File
I intend to get one in the next year or so. Thanks for posting and please keep the revisions coming!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just ordered new rear shocks as I had a leaker. I am hoping it has something to do with the weird feeling over big bumps
Then I will update to your latest map

101 - 113 of 113 Posts