Chevy SS Forum banner
81 - 100 of 115 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,325 Posts
Ummmm, but the '14 doesn't have MagRide for the controller to integrate with as shown in their description. Apparently their ad writer isn't familiar with the SS or their own product.

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 · (Edited)
That was my hope with our shocks supply issue, I know they have shocks for sale not sure if they would integrate them for the SS in the future. I have shared this thread, along with the mag ride poll and rear shocks discontinued threads with DSC about this.

Agree, they should amend the Ad to not state for 2014, probably a oversight.

Reactions: 6.2L5.0ETR

·
Registered
2014 SS, SOLD!
3,666 Posts
Agree, they should amend the add to not state for 2014, probably a oversight.
It is. I see it all over. Even on the Amsoil site they recommend a power steering fluid for our cars. Other sites also lump the 14's in with all the rest of the SS's.

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Yeah we have a low production niche car, most are not as adept to the differences in years that lunatics like us on this forum are.

·
Premium Member
15,043 Posts
That was my hope with our shocks supply issue, I know they have shocks for sale not sure if they would integrate them for the SS in the future. I have shared this thread, along with the mag ride poll and rear shocks discontinued threads with DSC about this.

Agree, they should amend the Ad to not state for 2014, probably a oversight.
The rear Struts are NOT discontinued.

You are as bad as their "ad" writer ....

Reactions: Sheffield Steve

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
The rear Struts are NOT discontinued.

You are as bad as their "ad" writer ....
Chiming back into this thread with the usual negativity and attacks eh, the one who stated this would not happen, VIO is too small, DSC shows no interest, blah, blah, blah.

The discontinued reference was a reference to the name of the thread hence my comment stating "thread":
https://www.ssforums.com/forum/wheels-tires-suspension/190945-rear-shocks-discontinued.html

So unforntaully I have to agree with you, they are not discontinued "Yet" but have been unavailable, but the name of the thread is "Rear shocks discontinued", whatever.

·
Registered
72 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Does this work with the vehicles "competitive mode" as well?
I have not attempted to mess with this yet. There are 3 base maps to configure, which are tour/sport/perf.

There is another tab that I was told to leave alone for now.

·
Registered
72 Posts

Curious if they are actually developing coilovers for the SS as well or if this is just carryover text from other listings.
Not sure but I dont see why they wouldn't / couldn't easy enough if the controller sells enough.

Reactions: gbro18

·
Registered
72 Posts
Ummmm, but the '14 doesn't have MagRide for the controller to integrate with as shown in their description. Apparently their ad writer isn't familiar with the SS or their own product.

They call me and asked about the SS cars so they didnt update the website incorrectly and I mentioned that the magride was only 15-17.
I am sure the website person just missed the info.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Figured I'd post my experience so far. I've had the controller installed for almost a week now and I can absolutely say the system works. Unfortunately the tunes I got from the company didn't work out for me as they made the car way too bouncy, but it gave me a good starting point.

There's a lot of parameters that can be altered, and it's a bit daunting at first, but the more I play with it the more I get a feel for what settings need to be changed. I've already made the car drive much smoother by playing with the compression damping, and that's just by feel. I haven't done any tuning based on logs yet as I'm waiting for a longer USB cable, but I'm confident I'll be able to get the suspension dialed in to what I want.

I think this is a really great option for anyone that wants a better handling and also a smoother ride, and isn't afraid of experimenting with their suspension settings.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Quick update. I've got the suspension really dialed in now. It's much smoother, more comfortable, and more responsive in each suspension mode, and each mode just makes more sense and truly has their own purpose now. If anyone decides to go with a DSC controller I'd be happy to help, just hit me up.

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Nice work...

Is it possible to save the settings to a file? And then import them to another vehicle?

·
Registered
528 Posts
It´s a pity that this is not available for my 2014 ZL1
Why did you join a Chevy SS sedan forum just to say that?

81 - 100 of 115 Posts