15,043 Posts

·
Registered
3,068 Posts

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
The SS uses the same MRC computer (23110462) as the 2015 Camaro from what I can see, but DSC only supports 6th gen Camaros (2016+) based on their website.

Probably not promising since the rest of our car is running on an older architecture.
Yeah you might be right, guess we may finally find out and move on either way soon.

I'd be happy if I could get a set of working MRC shocks. I'm driving a pogo stick right now.
I read you, after this recent issue with getting replacement shocks for the SS I thought this aftermarket controller solution, and using a future aftermarket version of DSC MRC shocks for the SS could give SS owners options in the future. I think it would be an expensive option but still could be a possible option to keep MRC if GM eventually discontinues our MRC shocks.

I just bought a discontinued part for my C5 from a salvaged car in hopes to get mine back on the road and fully functioning as designed. I know we are not there yet with our shocks and hope that doesn't become reality but the current situation is concerning to me especially for 15 owners.

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
I will be at DSC tomorrow to have them do some preliminary testing with the MRC on my SS. I should have more tomorrow evening.
Cool, glad the guy they told me about is on the forum. Thanks Nick.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Quick update.

Spent the afternoon at DSC and initial testing went well. All but one PID was readable and they believe its nothing more than finding the proper CAN communication between their controller and my car. I did a few small drives and could tell an immediate difference in delivery of power through the suspension. I find that most acceleration below 40mph is pointless but once we were plugged in there was less chaos between the tires and the pavement. This is great news!! Unfortunately, they did not have a controller that I could take with me at the time. They had some used ones for testing but didn't want to have them cause any issues with beta testing. I will be in contact with them and once they have a controller for me, I will be attempting to get some data from many different conditions, including the drag strip.

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Quick update.

Spent the afternoon at DSC and initial testing went well. All but one PID was readable and they believe its nothing more than finding the proper CAN communication between their controller and my car. I did a few small drives and could tell an immediate difference in delivery of power through the suspension. I find that most acceleration below 40mph is pointless but once we were plugged in there was less chaos between the tires and the pavement. This is great news!! Unfortunately, they did not have a controller that I could take with me at the time. They had some used ones for testing but didn't want to have them cause any issues with beta testing. I will be in contact with them and once they have a controller for me, I will be attempting to get some data from many different conditions, including the drag strip.
Thanks for the update Nick, reads like overall positive results. Without inferring too much reads like DSC is going to move forward and devlop this solution for the SS?

Also wondering if they commented that the SS controller is the same as the C7/Gen 6 Camaro but possibly the CAN values are bit different?

Finally did you happen to or are you able next time the OEM controller is out of your car to get the part number if its on it? As mentioned in this thread we have not been able to find this online, I also took a look for a bit last night and was not able to locate it.

Reactions: LAG

·
Registered
72 Posts
The OEM number is easy to get. I'll snap a pic shortly.

I cant say they will go forward but everyone was overly happy with todays results.

There was no talk of it being the same as a 6th gen Camaro etc.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
The OEM number is easy to get. I'll snap a pic shortly.

I cant say they will go forward but everyone was overly happy with todays results.

There was no talk of it being the same as a 6th gen Camaro etc.
Interesting, that produces "23110462" 2015 Camaro Module which GM states does not fit our car and was mentioned in this thread already, seems the GM inventory database is wrong since we have evidence its what is actually installed OEM.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Interesting, that produces "23110462" 2015 Camaro Module which GM states does not fit our car and was mentioned in this thread already, seems the GM inventory database is wrong since we have evidence its what is actually installed OEM.

As linked above, some sites show it fitting the 2015-2017 SS while others show only 2015 Camaro fitment. Glad my search skills are still decent and that I came up with the correct part number.

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
but some dealerships do not, anyway cool we know on the forum at least.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have great news!!! I have the new controller I was waiting on from DSC Sport and all is working. I have done some preliminary tuning to the different modes of suspension and it responds wonderfully!! I have been talking to Jeremy back and forth and soon I should have a drag race profile as one of my selections. I do not know when DSC will be offering this to the public but based on how they feel about it working in my car, it will be sooner than later.

Update... https://www.instagram.com/p/B24yYETFIRE/?igshid=1t2i6o5q7l58r

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Cool to read, thanks for the update.

Any more details on the difference on ride and feel? I know this is subjective but curious on any opinions maybe after you get a few miles on the car in different situations.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Basically we took a C7 Corvette file and adjusted it. Inhave not done any serious tuning yet but I can change any setting (tour/sport/perf) and make it as soft or firm as the shocks will allow. My plan is to have touring more of a sport feel. Sport will become my backroads carving setup and my performance will be for the drag strip. I think I can tune it to act like it has drag shocks.
The best part is that when youndriventhe car easy it feels softer but as you start to apply g-forces to the car it becomes stiff really quick.

Reactions: willy92

·
Premium Member
86 Posts

·
Registered
2014 SS, SOLD!
3,666 Posts
The best part is that when youndriventhe car easy it feels softer but as you start to apply g-forces to the car it becomes stiff really quick.
That looks/sounds great!

·
Premium Member
234 Posts

Curious if they are actually developing coilovers for the SS as well or if this is just carryover text from other listings.

61 - 80 of 115 Posts