Chevy SS Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
I love threads like this because I learn so much from the motor head forum members. Would also be interested in projected HP and torque gains after stage 1 improvements and approximate cost for this build. I can see myself going down this road once the warranty on mine expires. Need to think of what to get the wife then to ease the possible "wrath" of sinking more bucks into the SS. I'm sure there are some other members who can relate to this. :grin

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
That Cold Start though!! Kook 1 7/8 headers, ceramic coated by SPC in Arlington,TX into Kooks X-Pipe with Green Cats into Stock Bi-Modal Muffs. I am so happy with this setup. Not abnoxious, the demons only scream past 4k. Then it's a real goosebump inducer.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Heres the warmed up idle. It was 40 degrees this morning, cold front came through.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Stage 2 Complete

Stage 2 is done. This car is again, a whole another level now. Stock cam so drives like stock if you're cruising. I have not dyno'd but guessing upper 600's whp on E85. IAT's dropped 15 degrees, even at 12lbs of boost, up from 7.5.

I added the following, courtesy of Tim Haines Tuning and a new custom HX setup from Roshan at BoostDistrict.com.

DSX Aux Fuel Pump to run E85
2.5 ADM Griptec pulley w/Green Gates HD Belt
Replaced filler neck with Edelbrock HX Coolant Reservoir
Glanzer Performance 5" intake with LS7 MAF Sensor (card style) (Flows much better than the Rotofab)
Glanzer Performance Flex Fuel sensor kit
Upgraded, larger HX
PAC Springs (1800x)
ZL1 Torque Converter
SFI rated flex plate
ARP bolts for all
NGauge for monitoring

Attachments

21 - 28 of 28 Posts