Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I was hoping that someone here could help me find a diagram of the internal supports a mechanisms of the front doors.

I have a two small dings. One above and to the rear of the handle on the driver's door and one center of the passenger side. They can be fixed paintless. However, my repair guy says that one the driver's door, there's a brace/support blocking access from one of those plugged holes on the side. He says that in order to get to the inside surface of the skin, he's going to have to drill a small hole. I'd really like to avoid that if possible so I'm hoping there might be another way he can do it. I also want to be sure that there's nothing on the other side of that metal that can be damaged if I end up letting him drill the hole.

Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
8,018 Posts
Automotive design Font Art Schematic Parallel

·
Registered
654 Posts
my buddy skiff drills tiny holes in the leather/wood/plastic of Bentleys, Porsches, Lambos, etc.... cuz they get door dings too! Im pretty sure its a hole so small that you wont notice it when completed. This is alot like arthroscopic surgery. Although the repair may be alot easier and complete with the panel removed and other "secret" tools utilized. PDR work has as many trade/tool secrets as retail car dealer selling methods hehe..... Let me talk to my Manager....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts