Chevy SS Forum banner

Drew's 2017 Slipstream Blue Metallic SS - Long overdue

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Drew888 
#1 · (Edited)
Every car I've owned I've had a build journal online except for my SS. Too busy driving it I suppose. This is long overdue and because I'm late to the game so to speak, it's a info dump with no progression over time.

I purchased a black one in February of 2015 then later seeing the new Slipstream Blue...I had to have it and took advantage of the 20% deal Chevy was having and traded it in for a 2017. Love this color!

The list.
Performance:
  • 600+whp / 600+wtq
  • Boost District LSA Supercharger kit
  • Boost District custom 4” cold air intake
  • Boost District custom XL heat exchanger
  • Stock Cam, heads, and converter
  • 2.75” upper Griptech pulley
  • Pushrods/Trunions/Spring kit
  • VMAX ported throttle body
  • ARH 1 7/8” Long tube headers with high flow CATs to OEM bi-modal exhaust
  • DSX auxiliary fuel pump
  • FIC 1100cc injectors
  • DSX flex fuel sensor kit
  • Full E85 tune – Tuned by Tim Haines
  • Mightymouse catch can
Suspension / Brakes / Wheels:
  • King SSL Springs
  • Corvette Z06 6 piston (vented) front calipers
  • Front and rear calipers professionally painted yellow with Holden Racing logo
  • DBA 5000 2pc front rotors (for CTSV)
  • DBA brake pads front/rear (forget which, will detail later)
  • Stainless brake lines – front
  • Motul 600 brake fluid
  • VS Forged T6061 monoblock wheels from BestWheelDeals.com
    • F: 20x9, 265/35/20, ET42
    • R: 20.9.5, 295/30/20, ET50
  • Michelin Pilot Sport 4s
Interior:
  • White Automotive and Media Services:
    • Instrument cluster reprogramming.
    • Mylink IWM/Unlock
  • Vitesse Motorsports paddles
  • Camaro ZL1 Alcantara steering wheel
  • Complete OEM Holden blackout
  • 35% tint
Exterior:
  • Holden badge conversion
  • Maverickman rear carbon spoiler
  • Complete OEM Holden black out
  • DupliColor Nightshade paint applied to front emblem (had to tone down the chrome just a tad)
  • PPF/ Clear bra, A-pillars & mirror caps. Also, on B & C pillars as well as the upper rear bumper.
  • Fully ceramic coated with Graphine

See less See more
#7 ·
70k miles now. It was a daily up until Dec of 2020. From then until now I only seem to drive it once a week. I bought a Tesla to commute in.

Reactions: a6d9cmro
#9 ·
Reactions: a6d9cmro
#8 ·
I wish I had 93, I'm in CA. I'd expect +15-25whp tuned for 93. Just a guess. No concerns at all on the tranny or diff. Well maybe the diff because I'm not familiar enough. Rear diff fluid was changed out at about 7k miles and then again about 30k. I'm now overdue. I had a nice chat with New Era Performance and they haven't experienced any issues with every thing stock when at 6-650 whp. You know the saying, it's all in the tune and how you drive. I've always warmed it up driving slowly until the oil temps are about 150*+. And always watch the engine oil. Tach it out being a qt low and watch what happens next lol. I have never raced it and don't plan to. The 1/4 mi isn't my thing. A road course event maybe but it isn't ideal for it so I'm content driving it the way I like to not aggressive as that's not quite accurate. I'm 55 and no aggression here so maybe "spiritedly".

I'm considering a Jag F-Type R. I never use the back seats. Kids are out of the house. I really miss AWD. Lastly, I have always wanted a car I get excited looking at. Hanging out in the garage detailing it relieves daily stress. I would enjoy it more if I loved looking at it. The SS just isn't a looker.

#12 ·
I have and I'd love to have one, but I now have concerns about support for the SS with lots of parts drying up here in the states. If I could easily get anything I'd keep her but I'm considering a sale. Being modified I cannot take it to the dealership and my mechanic moved to Texas (I don't blame him. I'm in California. That says it all right there). Struts, rear bumper brackets, black out trim, window cowl, even a windshield is hard to source not (I refuse to use aftermarket crap).
I'm 55 and don't like these kinds of hassles.

Reactions: Burt Gummer
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.