Chevy SS Forum banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Interesting that the Summit website fitment guide says these fit 2016, but not 2017. Are these 2 years not exactly the same?

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Interesting that the Summit website fitment guide says these fit 2016, but not 2017. Are these 2 years not exactly the same?
As far as I know they are identical with regard to header fitment. I'd be real curious to hear if there was any difference.

·
Registered
2017 Chevrolet SS; RH2, 6M, Sunroof, Full-size spare, #53 of 58 built in 2017
717 Posts
Autoanything has a President’s Day 19% off sale today. I only wish these headers was included in the discount!!! Damn.

I’m a little concerned it might stink too much without cats, though. Also any intolerable rasp would mean another $300 investment to get resonators from Magnaflow or Solo welded in the mid pipe, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
178 Posts
Great info all; thanks for sharing. Looks to be a great product that lines right up to the factory pipes, not much louder for those of us that don’t want it, and provide roughly 20rwhp. I too wonder about the smell being no primary cats.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Great info all; thanks for sharing. Looks to be a great product that lines right up to the factory pipes, not much louder for those of us that don’t want it, and provide roughly 20rwhp. I too wonder about the smell being no primary cats.
My wife already says I stink like “guy” so a different fragrance might be welcomed in my house.

Reactions: anomadtoo

·
Registered
717 Posts
Be sure to provide input on the sound and stink!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ordered on February 18th, arrived today. Bought from SS Only. Plan to work on installing them this weekend.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Ordered on February 18th, arrived today. Bought from SS Only. Plan to work on installing them this weekend.
While you’re at it, can you take ac photo of the dipstick removal and steering rack disconnect process? Thanks. Also let me know about the stink. That last thing is the only thing holding me up.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
While you’re at it, can you take ac photo of the dipstick removal and steering rack disconnect process? Thanks. Also let me know about the stink. That last thing is the only thing holding me up.

Post #9 says he did not disconnect the steering shaft when he did his install.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts