Chevy SS Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #41 (Edited)
Just got these and installed, will post up some videos shortly.
Did the header install yourself????

Do you like the results???

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yep. I would say fairly easy install. Fit and finish look good, especially for the money. Bolting to stock system was a huge plus for me. So far I like the sound, certainly slightly louder but not as bad as I was expecting. I need to get the car tuned before I open it up but expect the noise at full throttle to be more extreme.

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
Yep. I would say fairly easy install. Fit and finish look good, especially for the money. Bolting to stock system was a huge plus for me. So far I like the sound, certainly slightly louder but not as bad as I was expecting. I need to get the car tuned before I open it up but expect the noise at full throttle to be more extreme.
I’d love to hear a stock engine with these and bi modals.

·
Registered
2017 Chevrolet SS; RH2, 6M, Sunroof, Full-size spare, #53 of 58 built in 2017
689 Posts
I’d love to hear a stock engine with these and bi modals.
Or in my case a Solo Mach Shorty cat back! I’m ordering these!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 Chevrolet SS; RH2, 6M, Sunroof, Full-size spare, #53 of 58 built in 2017
689 Posts
Did you need to disconnect and move anything out of the way to get them installed like the dipstick tube or steering rack?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Did not have to disconnect anything aside from the dipstick. In my case it pulled right out and only took a few tries to get back in.
As soon as I button it back up I'll get some video to post. I had to get rid of the coil pack brackets as the way Magnuson makes you do it is cheap but makes an ugly situation worse. These Hollys look good and give me more room

·
Registered
34 Posts
Did not have to disconnect anything aside from the dipstick. In my case it pulled right out and only took a few tries to get back in.
As soon as I button it back up I'll get some video to post. I had to get rid of the coil pack bracket as the way Magnuson makes you do it is cheap but makes and ugly situation worse.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Are any Cali guys running these? B

·
Registered
2014 SS, Heron White, No Sunroof, added OEM spare
3,173 Posts
I think that means that he's a Kali guy, like us. But from the description that I've seen, bolting up to the stock exhaust and all, I don't think that he's running the primary (the ones you can't legally move or remove) cats, which you and me both, would.like to know.

Reactions: ESindon

·
Super Moderator
2,423 Posts
The ONLY header approved for use, by California Air Resources Board (CARB) in the peoples republic of CaliZuela,,, is the JBA Shorty!!!

AFIAC,,, there is no point,,, as there is not a substantial gain in performance with them. Period,,, comma end of sentence!!!

😢

·
Registered
2014 SS, Heron White, No Sunroof, added OEM spare
3,173 Posts
They claim 3-5hp, which ain't worth spending 5-600 dollars for. I went through this decision when I had my Silverado, ended up with just a CAI, cutback and reprogrammed ECU...made a nice difference.

Reactions: ESindon

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sorry certain emojis dont show. Yes dropped the headers in and I'm CA. My thought is they are easy to install and if need be can be converted back quickly. I also dont need to smog my car for another 3 years and its doubtful I will keep the car longer than that.

·
Registered
107 Posts
@marc4sgr Have you had any time to video how the exhaust sounds? I really want to get these headers but would like to know how they sound first. Thanks!

Reactions: bourmb
41 - 54 of 54 Posts