Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both outside door lock/unlock buttons on the passanger side of my car just quit working. I don't use them very often so I am not sure when they stopped. The drivers side still works normally. The inside switches (lock, unlock, windows) still work normally.

Is there a fuse of connector I could check? Any advice is appriciated.

·
Premium Member
1,754 Posts
Make sure the passive entry is still turned on through the radio settings. It sounds like it may have reset for no reason if both went out

How is the fob itself operating? I know on my SS and more specifically my wife's before we sold it - I replaced the batteries in the fobs and it was much improved.

·
Premium Member
3,132 Posts
When the C5's first came out a few folks had issues with the hidden buttons failing to operate. A co-worker had it happen on his C5 and it was deemed by dealership to be "foreign material" casuing the circuit not to close when the button was pushed, most likely a build up of soap and/or wax. He carefullt sprayed the buttons with contact cleaner and after a few tries they started working again. He still has his C5 and last we talked he was using contact cleaner afew times per year to ensure the buttons would continue to operate. May be worth trying.

·
Premium Member
1,754 Posts
I would then take the passenger door panel off and unplug the handle connection and inspect it and see if its just loose or dirty somehow.

There is a DIY on here of the door panel R&R

Reactions: rjcalif

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Have you installed sound-deadening since the last time they worked? That's been known to block some signals if so.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts