Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

Sorry if this is a subject that has been covered numerous times regarding the Holden conversion, but I couldn't find this question specifically in prior forums and just bought my SS yesterday.

This may sound stupid, but does the Holden grill ordered from the Chevy accessory page have a chrome surround, and even an dumber question, the Holden emblem?

The images on the Chevy site show a black surround and some of the images of the part itself don't show the Holden logo:

Car Tire Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Wheel

Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Rectangle Font Automotive fog light

I'd rather have the chrome surround like the Chevy grill has, and all of the Holden grills I've seen on your cars have the chrome too. Am I missing something??? I feel the black surround would look cheap....

Here is the link for the item:
Chevrolet.com

Thanks so much!

Ryan

·
Registered
742 Posts
Mine is a 16-17 package...but the front grille will not have the emblem fitted, it will need to be attached. (it clips in)

·
Registered
742 Posts
...you are going to have so much fun futzin' with this to get it off... It comes off. honest. (the entire grille, with Bowtie, that will be extremely rare & worth a TON in the future) There will be hidden fasteners. You will be researching many videos and explanations. let this be an expectation setter. :whistle:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
...you are going to have so much fun futzin' with this to get it off... It comes off. honest. (the entire grille, with Bowtie, that will be extremely rare & worth a TON in the future) There will be hidden fasteners. You will be researching many videos and explanations. let this be an expectation setter. :whistle:
Thanks so much! I've been reading a few "how-to" guides on installing the grill, including the "credit card" trick with the clips

For $85 extra, the local Chevy dealer is willing to install both the grill and rear badge. I feel that's money well spent versus breaking the fasteners and pushing my patience. 🤣

1 - 8 of 8 Posts