Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting a replacement radio head unit from Australia, and wondering if I need to disconnect the battery while swapping the unit??? I am assuming one you open the door and let everything time out, no power should be going to the radio.

I am getting my VIN number programmed in the unit and will have the Red Holden logo instead of the bow tie logo, will get the latest map, and backup lines added to the backup camera. Found the guy on FaceBook, and has a good rep as a seller.

Super Moderator
I am getting a replacement radio head unit from Australia, and wondering if I need to disconnect the battery while swapping the unit??? I am assuming one you open the door and let everything time out, no power should be going to the radio.

I am getting my VIN number programmed in the unit and will have the Red Holden logo instead of the bow tie logo, will get the latest map, and backup lines added to the backup camera. Found the guy on FaceBook, and has a good rep as a seller.
Not certain that it is necessary, but a quick pull of the negative will negate any hindsight scenarios. 馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Package is now in Miami customs waiting to be released, so hoping to have it in my hands before Thanksgiving.

The 23rd is my 45th wedding anniversary, so hope to have it in by then, my gift to the wife.... :p :p :p

Super Moderator
Package is now in Miami customs waiting to be released, so hoping to have it in my hands before Thanksgiving.

The 23rd is my 45th wedding anniversary, so hope to have it in by then, my gift to the wife.... :p :p :p
I know you well enough to know that you are using a brilliant strategy to get this into the "VAN down by the river" without being suspicious!!! Disguising the shipment as,,,,,

Rectangle Font Material property Parallel Electric blue

:whistle:

Super Moderator
  • Haha
Reactions: wilkin4 and ESindon

Registered
2014 SS, SOLD!

Sounds good, but, it almost sounds like a Homer Simpson gift!...you know when he bought Marge a bowling ball for her birthday with his name on it and even drilled to fit him!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sounds good, but, it almost sounds like a Homer Simpson gift!...you know when he bought Marge a bowling ball for her birthday with his name on it and even drilled to fit him!
Good catch was my intent.... ;)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Installed new radio unit and works as advertised.

Did not disconnect battery, my car was already in transport mode, so once I unlock with the key, all lights go out quickly, and no power is applied to anything, did my swap, and all good. Very happy with results.

Registered
So, tell us- what did you put in? Pics?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts