Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody,

I'm looking for someone in the Des Moines area, with a 16-17 SS (with the stock mufflers) to take a few minutes of their time to help a few of us...
There are quite a few SS owners, including myself, who have bought 16-17 stock mufflers to install on their 14-15. We need a special harness in order to be able to use the bimodal function (DSX had made one but he had issues and is not making them right now or doesn't have a date when he will make more). One of our forum members, GLE, who is the creator and maker of the DRL module (love mine! craftmanship is absolutely top notch and Glenn is super helpful), has volunteered to take a stab at making a Bimodal harness if he can find the right wavelengths and such (black magic to me).
In order to do that, Glenn needs a 16-17 SS with the stock mufflers, to see what wavelengths/volts are sent to the muffler valves when they are commanded closed (defaults to open).

Anybody around the area that could take some time to meet with GLE so he can measure the signal? (no cutting, slipping, or anything like that needed, just measuring off the pins). It would be GREATLY appreciated!!

Thanks a lot!

·
Super Moderator
5,808 Posts
There was a couple from Indianola, she has a '15 PBM with an LSA, he had a 1000hp mustang he sold for a '15 jungle green SS. Unfortunately I don't remember their names, but they are members here that don't post often. They've retrofit bimodals on one or both of their SS's. I'll see if I can get some info for you. They may be at Karl Performance hot summer nights this coming Wednesday if weather permits, although I heard a rumour that they may have moved to Arizona.
If it's nice out I'll be there if you're in the neighborhood...

·
Super Moderator
5,808 Posts
BTW, there are usually 3-5 of us there, including a HW and SSB that are 2016 models. Member @b1rdhunter will also probably be there, he has your twin car, on steroids. :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
There was a couple from Indianola, she has a '15 PBM with an LSA, he had a 1000hp mustang he sold for a '15 jungle green SS. Unfortunately I don't remember their names, but they are members here that don't post often. They've retrofit bimodals on one or both of their SS's. I'll see if I can get some info for you. They may be at Karl Performance hot summer nights this coming Wednesday if weather permits, although I heard a rumour that they may have moved to Arizona.
If it's nice out I'll be there if you're in the neighborhood...
They actually moved to Hawaii and sold the '15 PBM. Kept the '15 Jungle Green and brought it to Hawaii with them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,808 Posts
They actually moved to Hawaii and sold the '15 PBM. Kept the '15 Jungle Green and brought it to Hawaii with them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Interesting. I had heard that they may have moved, a little farther than I thought. Went through a couple of engines on the PBM, figured they'd keep that one. The JGM is a nice looking ride.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts