Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my car started having issues at around 20k miles. Developed a delayed start. Sound like it’s struggling to start up. But it does start up ever time. Took it to dealer they told me they could not find the issue with the car. And that GM told them that the engine is working perfectly fine. Car sounds like an old Diesel engine trying to start up. It’s still under warranty, the dealer also stated that all ss will develop the same issue but I thinks that’s bullshit.

·
Registered
36 Posts
So my car started having issues at around 20k miles. Developed a delayed start. Sound like it’s struggling to start up. But it does start up ever time. Took it to dealer they told me they could not find the issue with the car. And that GM told them that the engine is working perfectly fine. Car sounds like an old Diesel engine trying to start up. It’s still under warranty, the dealer also stated that all ss will develop the same issue but I thinks that’s bullshit.
That happened to Me ONCE !! But it was when my battery had died and when I jumped it My Crankcase Sensor Malfunctioned .... it sounded Bad like it was only running on four Cylinders ....

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Not sure but gonna guess it cranks slow????
Most likely the battery is dying.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Take it to another dealer. There IS something not right but your scant details leave nothing to go on. Yes; that dealer is BSing you. Never go back.
Not sure but gonna guess it cranks slow????
Most likely the battery is dying.
It cranks up super slow the battery is good the dealer Checked it also but that was what I had thought also

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
It cranks up super slow the battery is good the dealer Checked it also but that was what I had thought also
IF the battery is good, I'm going to guess starter or connection. I would start by checking connections at the battery and any battery cables to the grounds and the positive ones to the starter, then the amps draw on the starter.
Sounds like you need to take it somewhere else if they can't fix it.

p.s. My gut says it IS the battery though... Start it and shut it down about 5 times and see if the battery croaks or at least get real weak.
I wouldn't trust them to check it correctly. Maybe you can find a battery shop to check it then try and get one under warranty.

·
Registered
94 Posts
After suffering for 2 years with this issue(3 dealerships, 2 GM field engineers and an Outside repair shop, ironically the outside shop was the one that diagnosed the problem) Car has been in the shop over 100 days total. I am pretty sure I know what the problem is. Your injectors are bleeding after engine warms up. I would Drive mine up to the store leave it parked for 30 mins and WHAMMO...spark knock/slow starting. Mine sounded like a diesel or $300 beater when doing a warm start. Fought with dealerships constantly telling me nothing is wrong even providing them sound clips. After I got my injectors replaced the problem went away...No more sluggish starting and no more spark knock during startup for about 6 months. I am on my 4th set of injectors and its been over a year now with no issues(praying). Do a search for my posts..one actually has a video of all the injectors bleeding. By the way..GM is aware of the issue...they call it an LS3 Echo! If you need help or direction...PM me.

Reactions: ESindon

·
Super Moderator
3,851 Posts
After suffering for 2 years with this issue(3 dealerships, 2 GM field engineers and an Outside repair shop, ironically the outside shop was the one that diagnosed the problem) Car has been in the shop over 100 days total. I am pretty sure I know what the problem is. Your injectors are bleeding after engine warms up, Drive mine up to the store leave it parked for 30 mins and WHAMMO...spark knock/slow starting. Mine sounded like a diesel or $300 beater when doing a warm start. Fought with dealerships constantly telling me nothing is wrong. After I got my injectors replaced the problem went away...No more sluggish starting and no more spark knock during startup for about 6 months. I am on my 4th set of injectors and its been over a year now with no issues(praying). Do a search for my posts..one actually has a video of all the injectors bleeding. By the way..GM is aware of the issue...they call it an LS3 Echo! If you need help or direction...PM me.
WELLL glad its finally resolved!!

GOOD TO KNOW!! Was it the injector SEALS leaking on all 4 sets,,, or the injector casings,,, or WHAT might I ask??

:unsure:

·
Registered
94 Posts

GOOD TO KNOW!! Was it the injector SEALS leaking on all 4 sets,,, or the injector casings,,, or WHAT might I ask??

Thanks!! The only thing I know is that the tips were bleeding after they warmed up. Posted my video link below.

Reactions: ESindon

·
Registered
94 Posts

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.