Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who in the DC metro area has had their steering rack replaced under recall? Where? And how did it go? I’d like to find a dealership that knows the SS and has experience with the repair.

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
I had the recall done at Apple Valley Chevy in Martinsburg, no issues.
They have at least 2 other SS's they service, I don't know if they had the recall done though.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Steer clear of all the ones around Northern Baltimore. I've tried all but one of them and they all suck.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Lindsay in Woodbridge...mine was the first they did. It took them a couple tries on the alignment, but they got it right.
That is good info. I'm near there and was planning to have them do an alignment after I got a set of tires in a few weeks but if it takes them multiple trips to get it right, I will look elsewhere.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I’ve used Koons Clarksville since I’ve gotten my car and they’ve done good work and have always been good about loaner cars too...

·
Registered
422 Posts
That is good info. I'm near there and was planning to have them do an alignment after I got a set of tires in a few weeks but if it takes them multiple trips to get it right, I will look elsewhere.
Best place I've found for an alignment in Woodbridge is Firestone. I have the lifetime alignment and they have a tech that can set it to whatever you want and nails it every time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts