Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought it was about time to start a build journal entry. I am going to bring this up to speed quickly with a little back story, up to current modifications and future plans ..

Version 1.0 - Original Owner

Car Land vehicle Wheel Tire Vehicle

2017 Chevy SS, VIN 05505
Build date 2/7/17
Purchased 7/1/17 at Boardwalk Chevrolet

#2887 of 4008
#57 of 75 as optioned ( Slipstream Blue, Sunroof, Inflator, Auto )

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Version 1.5 - Current Build

Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Automotive tire

Current Modifications ..

Engine / Driveline: 馃槀
Removed engine cover
Removed kazoo tube
Elite PCV catch can
K&N panel filter

Wheels / Suspension:
15/16 OEM SS - Forged Alcoas powdercoated gloss black
Michelin PS4 tires ( factory size )

Exterior:
Blacked out all trim and Bow ties
Blacked out interior chrome
Phantom black rear spoiler
Painted door handles
OEM Holden tail lights
SS side emblems and V2 emblem
Tinted windows
ZL1 add-ons rock guards
Custom mounted Tow hook
Custom license plate

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Version 2.0 - Engine upgrades ( CA legal ..
mostly 馃槈 )

Automotive exterior Motor vehicle Trunk Electrical wiring Gas

I might be coming up on a bit of free time to start my next project here soon. So this is what I've come up with so far ..

Magnuson SC kit with CARB tune 馃
ATI Harmonic Balancer
Comp Cams shaft rocker kit
Hardened pushrods

Premium Member
'Mostly legal'...love it. Are you satisfied with the look of the powder coated black on your Blue sled?
What track are you on in pic 2? (Sonoma?)

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
'Mostly legal'...love it. Are you satisfied with the look of the powder coated black on your Blue sled?
What track are you on in pic 2? (Sonoma?)
When the time comes, It will pass CA inspection with the PCV catch can Removed and the kazoo tube re-installed. 馃槈

Love the powdercoated wheel setup .. especially when they only cost $600 shipped for all 4 wheels, brand new with powdercoat. Also picked up a spare tire kit from a member here, so one of my original wheels can be used as a spare now.

That picture was taken at Thunder Hill on the 2 mile or 3 mile course .. we ran both that day.

Premium Member
Love it.....and would like to run Thunder Hill before I die.

Reactions: dDUBb

Registered
Subscribed. Looking forward to finally attending an event with you in the new year.

Good stuff here dude!

Reactions: dDUBb

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Subscribed. Looking forward to finally attending an event with you in the new year.

Good stuff here dude!
That would be great; before you decide to move out of state. We just booked a track day at Laguna Seca for January 2nd .. also looking into Sonoma raceway some time around February. 馃槈

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design

Finished the supercharger installation yesterday and tied up all of the loose ends today. There were a few small issues I ran into during the process. Thanks to @b85chevy for giving me a heads up on some details.

Re-flashed the tune and it started right up. Took it for a small test drive around the block just to make sure everything's running okay before I give it a good test run. 馃槆

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So one of the issues that came up .. the car felt like there was a lag in the gas pedal ( going from part throttle into boost ) ... I ended up re-adjusting the bypass actuator to put a little more preload on the spring - it feels a lot better now with pedal response but it could use a little more fine tuning on the mechanical aspect.

Working on setting up a datalog session to make sure everything's reading okay before I go WOT at the drag strip .. 馃か

I got a little anxious during the Install and wanted to drive the car before I jumped on to the next mini project here. 馃檭

Still to do ..

Install ATI Harmonic Balancer and pin the crank
Install PCV catch can in an alternate location

Premium Member
So one of the issues that came up .. the car felt like there was a lag in the gas pedal ( going from part throttle into boost ) ... I ended up re-adjusting the bypass actuator to put a little more preload on the spring - it feels a lot better now with pedal response but it could use a little more fine tuning on the mechanical aspect.

Working on setting up a datalog session to make sure everything's reading okay before I go WOT at the drag strip .. 馃か

I got a little anxious during the Install and wanted to drive the car before I jumped on to the next mini project here. 馃檭

Still to do ..

Install ATI Harmonic Balancer and pin the crank
Install PCV catch can in an alternate location
Do not drive it without a pinned crank or a catch can.

I know it鈥檚 exciting to have it running and want to smash the gas and feel that boost but relax and finish the work

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Time to break out the big torque wrench and see how well this compact right angle drill works.

Need to find a longer spacer and bolt to make this catch can work.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts