Chevy SS Forum banner
361 - 380 of 419 Posts

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Just picked up my '17 SIM at the Dulles CarMax... couldn't believe they were willing to hold it for 7 days for me, no charge. Hope to see everyone around the area!
Welcome! I drove an SS for the very 1st time at that Carmax, back in early 2016. A ‘15 PBM A6. I knew I was getting the other transmission; I just wanted to see how I liked the car otherwise.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Welcome! I drove an SS for the very 1st time at that Carmax, back in early 2016. A ‘15 PBM A6. I knew I was getting the other transmission; I just wanted to see how I liked the car otherwise.
I think I'm missing a cargo net, otherwise it's great. Need to get this skip shift eliminator in and get it installed, though. I had it trigger at the worst time when I was turning onto 28 already...

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
I think I'm missing a cargo net, otherwise it's great. Need to get this skip shift eliminator in and get it installed, though. I had it trigger at the worst time when I was turning onto 28 already...
It’s kind of hard to believe that there are any M6’s still out there without it. It’s the only mechanical mod I’ve made so far.

·
Registered
805 Posts
You are missing out. The cargo net is good for at least 10 more HP. Just kidding. :laugh

Getting rid of the skip shift was done before my first oil change. People say you can operate around it just by shifting at higher RPMs but why do that when you can get rid of it completely? Tons of info on the site. Enjoy your new ride.

·
Registered
15 Posts
You are missing out. The cargo net is good for at least 10 more HP. Just kidding. :laugh

Getting rid of the skip shift was done before my first oil change. People say you can operate around it just by shifting at higher RPMs but why do that when you can get rid of it completely? Tons of info on the site. Enjoy your new ride.
I swear I triggered the skip-shift at least three times today, just driving to dinner and back. Bought an eliminator from Muzzy's site directly... can't wait to get it on.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Sightings are up for me after months of not seeing anything. Hopping on the ICC this morning approx 8AM, spotted an HW in far left lane with Holden badging. Couldn't get out of the traffic snarl, but finally caught up as it was exiting @ 355.

I was in my SSR - bright red, can't miss it.

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Spotted a 16/17 PBM with a red bowtie on the back on the North side of Winchester over the weekend. While I don't see too many SS's in the area, it was within 100 feet of where I first ran into BillGSA.

·
Registered
472 Posts
And today on my way home, I see something on my left pull up and then just pace... look over and see a familiar fender in PBM. Gave the driver a wave. Anyone here have plates that say "great mpg" ??? (not the exact plate)

Reactions: Armin DeFiesta

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Spotted a '17 OBM this afternoon in Fairfax on Thompson Rd headed toward West Ox. I was on foot at a distance. Same OBM I said hi to at Wawa a few month back? I claimed that I owned an SS that night but unfortunately was in my wife's minivan.

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
It’s kind of hard to believe that there are any M6’s still out there without it. It’s the only mechanical mod I’ve made so far.
I haven't added it to mine. Yes. It has caught me once or twice, but it really hasnt caused any frustrations. I do live in a less traffic prone area...that and I usually start out in 2nd gear...so there's that.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Spotted a Silver one at McDonald's on Great Mills road in Lexington Park just now

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
That's not mine but we live in the same area. So far I have seen 4 others in the area.
A white one going on base
A black one with black cts-v wheels and Florida tags on base
A silver one in Hollywood
A black one at cars and coffee. I forget his name but his son had a G8.

·
Registered
14 Posts
[Waldorf/Brandywine MD} Saw a white SS (looked ridiculously good...blacked out bowties) this past Sunday on 301 headed north traveling with a black G8...both looked sweet. The SS was loud (almost NASCAR loud). It sounded sweet, and definitely had everybody's the attention on the road. First one I've seen in my area since I got mine (although I think there is a black one with a carbon fiber hood around too).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sightings are up for me after months of not seeing anything. Hopping on the ICC this morning approx 8AM, spotted an HW in far left lane with Holden badging. Couldn't get out of the traffic snarl, but finally caught up as it was exiting @ 355.

I was in my SSR - bright red, can't miss it.
Sorry for the delayed response, but that was most definitely me! I have been commuting across the ICC every morning around 7:30-8:30-ish.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Spotted on Friday 12/6. Of course, my wife (who has ridden in my car maybe 5 times in 3.5 years) was in the car and is now giving me endless grief for waving at him.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Slipstream Blue @ DOE Germantown

Took a walk around the campus after lunch on Friday and what do I see in the visitor lot? A SSB with VA tags (that said "LS3")! So, likely for the first time ever, there were 2 SS's in the lot.

Is it someone from here?
Well, apparently the owner is either a frequent visitor, or like other employees... just abusing the visitor spaces.
Well, today I was about to leave when I spot the owner. I walk over and struck up a conversation. His is a '17 and it's his daily - all year long. And my "old age" is showing... I can't remember his name already... but he is a member here.

Reactions: Armin DeFiesta
361 - 380 of 419 Posts