Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2010 Ford Transit Connect (my work truck). At 9 years old, the TONS of gray and black trim on it was looking really bad. I had read good things about Solution Finish (black) and Fusion Gray, made by the same company so I ordered a bottle of each. This stuff is really terrific, it does NOT wash off, but rather stains the pieces back to the color they were when new.

So....since this isn't a Transit Connect forum:

I washed our 2017 SS this afternoon and noticed how bad the windshield trim and the piece under the wipers looked (chalky), having used the Ford as the test a month ago, I used it on the SS, attached are before and after. Quite amazing.

Jimmy

BEFORE:

AFTER:

PS. Be sure to wear gloves with this stuff!!!! It's easy to apply, but it is BLACK and your hands will be BLACK. You rub it in with a microfiber or foam pad, wait 2 minutes, and then clean off any excess and buff with a towel. Be sure to get it OFF your paint at that time, I don't think it will stain the paint but.....It does NOT make the trim glossy like it would look if you used Amor All or some thing like that. Once it's cured (they say 6 hours and you should not let it get wet during that time), it is not tacky or sticky or slick like a "protectant" would be. You can run your hand across it and you don't get any residue off the piece you put it on.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Details like this can make the car look so much nicer.

·
Premium Member
2,370 Posts
Thanks for idea! I have already replaced once, the heat gun method "tested on old piece", looked horrible.

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
I’ve used this stuff on the cladding for an avalanche. The grey worked amazing. Brought it back to life.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
A Magic Eraser does wonders to restore chalky black trim. Just wet and scrub. Also takes off wax residue. For UV fading, I'd definitely try the Solution Finish though, looks pretty good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts