Chevy SS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Are you sticking with the 275/35 front tire? I’m seriously considering these now for my car but I don’t want to buy new tires and I’m running a 275/35 in the front. I’m kinda thinking 15mm adapters will be needed to keep a similar look to what I currently have (19x9 35 and 19x10 43).

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
Are you sticking with the 275/35 front tire? I’m seriously considering these now for my car but I don’t want to buy new tires and I’m running a 275/35 in the front. I’m kinda thinking 15mm adapters will be needed to keep a similar look to what I currently have (19x9 35 and 19x10 43).
Yea, going to keep the same sizes. I'll see how it looks and function when I get them mounted. Waiting on the tires now.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Based on one picture I saw it looks like these wheels have holes where wheel adapters could be used without having to trim the stock studs so at least there’s that. The problem is, I really want a new set and the front wheels are super expensive for some reason and have a core charge so this is probably the most expensive option especially if adapters are needed. But options are VERY limited for a 19” wheel with a 9” front and 9.5” rear. Most of the options I like are 8.5” front and a 275 is technically too wide for that, I know if can be stuffed on there but I really want to have the right sizes. I like the VMR 710, it’s cheap enough being cast I could probably replace the front tires and still not cost what the V wheels will cost after buying wheels and adapters but they’re not forged.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Based on one picture I saw it looks like these wheels have holes where wheel adapters could be used without having to trim the stock studs so at least there’s that. The problem is, I really want a new set and the front wheels are super expensive for some reason and have a core charge so this is probably the most expensive option especially if adapters are needed. But options are VERY limited for a 19” wheel with a 9” front and 9.5” rear. Most of the options I like are 8.5” front and a 275 is technically too wide for that, I know if can be stuffed on there but I really want to have the right sizes. I like the VMR 710, it’s cheap enough being cast I could probably replace the front tires and still not cost what the V wheels will cost after buying wheels and adapters but they’re not forged.
I was hoping not to need any adapters. I really wanted some aftermarket rims. The same size/measurements as member 15SuperSport, but getting rims made have a big cost and wait time.

I got lucky with my wheels even though this is not what I truly want. Just a nice change up for now.

·
Registered
281 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 · (Edited)
Part Number: 13598786
:,

For black lug nuts try gorilla locking lugs for a cts-v

I just did I quick search. i didnt confirm or find the lowest price. Make sure you order the correct thread pattern. That's on you.😉
Thanks, I ended up going to the Chevy dealer near me and ordering some TPMS sensors - 115 for all 4

I was trying to get away from having a key to keep up with and give out everytime I need something done to my wheels.....I had also bought some colorful non-marring sockets for tire change outs..haha

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Well the dealer had a mix up with the parts catalog numbers. What was order and received was just a tpms kit. To get 4 sensors the cost is 490, which is crazy to me.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Well the dealer had a mix up with the parts catalog numbers. What was order and received was just a tpms kit. To get 4 sensors the cost is 490, which is crazy to me.
When I ordered tires at tirerack I put in our OEM TPMS number and ordered 4. They were $44/piece. Worked great. The only problem I had, i ordered black stem covers from maverickmancarbon.com and they were too tall. Another member recommend a set that fit. The link is in the thread below
Product Font Material property Parallel Rectangle

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
When I ordered tires at tirerack I put in our OEM TPMS number and ordered 4. They were $44/piece. Worked great. The only problem I had, i ordered black stem covers from maverickmancarbon.com and they were too tall. Another member recommend a set that fit. The link is in the thread below
View attachment 298946
Thank you.

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
How is it your dealer wants $490 for 4 TPMS sensors?? Crazy!!

I can see the p/n 13598774 Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) Sensor at $70.79 list at Tasca Parts dot com.

·
Super Moderator
8,891 Posts
It's crazy. I'm just going to go with discount tires tpms @60plus each.
See if they have a buy three get one free deal going as they did when I bought mine.

21 - 40 of 81 Posts