Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anybody running these wheels?

I just picked some up and wanted to see what they might look like.

Tires sizes
Front - 275/35/19
Rear - 305/30/19

I plan to stay stock height.

Any issues with this setup. Also will the speedo continue to be accurate?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
When you change your tire diameter your speedometer will give a proportionally different reading. I went up one size front and rear and now at 40 on GPS I see 39 on speedo.

Reactions: mike929

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When you change your tire diameter your speedometer will give a proportionally different reading. I went up one size front and rear and now at 40 on GPS I see 39 on speedo.
Is that going from a 19" to a 20".

These rims I believe are .5 wider then the stock SS wheels. Does the speedo measurement still apply?

·
Registered
277 Posts

These rims I believe are .5 wider then the stock SS wheels. Does the speedo measurement still apply?
You probably already answered this yourself but wheel and tire width do not affect the speedometer. Only tire diameters affect speedometer. Here is a visual aid.
Wheel Tire Light Tread Synthetic rubber

·
Registered
4,556 Posts

I'm on stock rims. Burt clarified my statement that a change in tire O.D. will curve the speedo reading.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
The 305/30 is shorter than the stock rear tire so your speedo will be off a few MPH. I had that size on my car for a few thousand miles before doing the cam and they corrected the speedo in the tune. Now I'm running a 285/35 in the rear because I didn't like how short the sidewall was on the 305/30. That's crazy someone managed to stuff a 305 on a 9.5" wide wheel, I thought I had it stuffed on there on my 10" wide wheels.

Side note, how much did you pay for them if you don't mind? I've been looking for a set of these for a while and when they pop up they want stupid money for them unless they're in trash condition. I've been going back and forth and about these wheels and the Forgestar F14 since both will let me keep using the tires I already have. The F14 can be had in more aggressive offsets so I'm leaning towards those just because of that and they'll probably be a tad cheaper than all the CTS-V wheels I've been finding.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
The 305/30 is shorter than the stock rear tire so your speedo will be off a few MPH. I had that size on my car for a few thousand miles before doing the cam and they corrected the speedo in the tune. Now I'm running a 285/35 in the rear because I didn't like how short the sidewall was on the 305/30. That's crazy someone managed to stuff a 305 on a 9.5" wide wheel, I thought I had it stuffed on there on my 10" wide wheels.

Side note, how much did you pay for them if you don't mind? I've been looking for a set of these for a while and when they pop up they want stupid money for them unless they're in trash condition. I've been going back and forth and about these wheels and the Forgestar F14 since both will let me keep using the tires I already have. The F14 can be had in more aggressive offsets so I'm leaning towards those just because of that and they'll probably be a tad cheaper than all the CTS-V wheels I've been finding.
Thank you for this information. This is why I posted 1. to see pictures of anybody running this same setup 2. will there be an issues at all.

I've also been on the cts-v owners forum looking around. Some sizes will throw off the speedo as well as TC (traction control)..depending on how far away from stock specifications TC will kick in earlier or later based on the rotation of the wheels

Ultimately, I want to go with a forged wheel with custom offsets similar to 15SuperSport runs on his - but the price tag wont let me be great. Plus I wanted to do some performance mods (which my car goes in the shop this monday for those).

***also note i'm against lowering the vehicle for now and I do not want to look like I have a lift kit on the car. That is why I like 15SuperSport setup. He is at stock height but his rim/wheel combo fills in nicer than most

·
Premium Member
2015 Manual with no roof and no spare
200 Posts

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
Something to consider as well; I believe HP Tuners has the ability to change tire sizes for proper speedometer calibration as well as keeping abs, traction, and stability control functioning as it should. It may be time to think about a tune.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Also need to find black lug nuts. I see this that in itself is a fun filled learning experience.

None of these cars came with black rims...I would love oem black lug nuts but it seems they were never made.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ps4s if you want summer. Goodyear exhilarate if you want AS
At the tire place now for my other vehicle getting tire pressure check/rotation.

2206 for ps4. This includes road hazard warranty - discount tire.

Checking now at tire rack which I believe is cheaper. The tech said they just acquired tire rack. But they do price match.

I was hoping for Continental extreme contact sport but they don't come in this size (they do for a 20" rim)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Something to consider as well; I believe HP Tuners has the ability to change tire sizes for proper speedometer calibration as well as keeping abs, traction, and stability control functioning as it should. It may be time to think about a tune.
My car was supposed to go in the on Monday for some upgrades. One being a tune. I was going to inquire about this ....thanks

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Also need to find black lug nuts. I see this that in itself is a fun filled learning experience.

None of these cars came with black rims...I would love oem black lug nuts but it seems they were never made.
GM does sell them now for the trucks and they’ll work on an SS but may stick out too far. I’m not sure if they make them for the shorter M14 lugs.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
P4S is the only option! I hit 1.09 Gs on the off ramp the other day!
Looking for the limit I see..haha. Looks like I'll be getting these. Not many options in this size (that I would go with)
GM does sell them now for the trucks and they’ll work on an SS but may stick out too far. I’m not sure if they make them for the shorter M14 lugs.
Ok, didn't know that. Yea, don't want long ones.

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
I don’t know if the Camaro uses the same part number lug nuts but it’d start there and maybe corvette parts. Both have options for black lug nuts I’m sure.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts