Chevy SS Forum banner
101 - 120 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Car and Driver said anyone who can afford CT-5BW should get one especially with the 6 speed manual which is rare.
…668hp and 658 lb-ft torque. it should be able to take the CivicSI on most road courses......

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Don’t get me wrong, I’d LOVE a CT5-V BW but I think the best never going to happen scenario would be merging a CTS-V body with all the blackout treatment with everything else on the CT5-V BW. I cant get past the c-pillar design as they could easily designed a standard c-pillar. I also like the CTS-V body with all the carbon/blackout trim option better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All the carbon trim is hiding under the transportation film. Should have better pics to share tonight. Pick up time is scheduled for 3:00 today.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
The C pillar between the two are strikingly similar but trying to compare a 200hp motor to a 668hp is not even close. I'll take the matching back windows so long as the blown V8 comes with it.
Civic Si would have been for wife and kids. Instead bought 2019 Buick Encore 2020 CRV Hybrid and just recently 2021 Kia Soul. All boring Automatics! Honda under rated Si's horsepower...more like 220 at the crank for those interested in a DD grocery and mall parking lot appliance.

Currently can resell my 2021 AMG E63s Wagon for only $20K over MSRP...want $100K for free Z06 or BW5.

·
Registered
884 Posts
I hear that speedrye, i "settled" for a convertable ZL1 but mabey in a few years pickup a used one.

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts
I hear that speedrye, i "settled" for a convertable ZL1 but mabey in a few years pickup a used one.
I thought the same too but with how few will be produced I doubt it’ll be possible. They will either be collectors or appreciate in value and remain outside of my budget.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
I was never particularly active in this forum, but it's funny coming back and seeing some familiar screen names.
Ultimately, I did get the Blackwing. The CT5 BW is a great car, but there are compromises over the SS. The SS is noticeably larger, has significantly better storage, (objectively) better dash and door trim, better range, etc. On a pure daily driver standpoint, an argument could be made that the SS is better.
The Blackwing is fantastic, it's just that the SS is so damn good for the money. Maybe that will dissuade some people. I'd do it again given the choice. The Blackwing is a better car, just not 2x better.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
I was never particularly active in this forum, but it's funny coming back and seeing some familiar screen names.
Ultimately, I did get the Blackwing. The CT5 BW is a great car, but there are compromises over the SS. The SS is noticeably larger, has significantly better storage, (objectively) better dash and door trim, better range, etc. On a pure daily driver standpoint, an argument could be made that the SS is better.
The Blackwing is fantastic, it's just that the SS is so damn good for the money. Maybe that will dissuade some people. I'd do it again given the choice. The Blackwing is a better car, just not 2x better
^ This...."not 2 x better." Then again, there's that PowerBall drawing tonight. Who knows?

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
^ This...."not 2 x better." Then again, there's that PowerBall drawing tonight. Who knows?
When I win the Powerball will get 2 BW5 manuals, Z06, Defender 90, M850i xDrive convertible, and a Georgia 6-car Garage next week.

Reactions: ESindon and wilkin4

·
Registered
2014 SS, SOLD!
3,933 Posts
I know that I do.

Reactions: 1Evil55

·
Registered
693 Posts
blatant soundtrack request....

Reactions: speedrye

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
I guess white will do with black trim since dealers are asking $20K-$30K over MSRP for the few Dark Emerald Frost BW5 manuals in Stock...lol

Would debadge and tint Caddy Crest for effect. Son got 1330 SAT 2nd try...still waiting to hear from UGA, GT, and Columbia. Can always transfer to GT last 2-years after first 2 @KSU in Marietta @z51vett. Will payoff his 2021 KIA Soul $18K balance next month. If he stays on the GA Reservation Daddy might have a lot explaining to do in 4-6 months?

@1Evil55 :
Show us 55 and BW5 side by side booty pic from ground up one day...

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts
I guess white will do with black trim since dealers are asking $20K-$30K over MSRP for the few Dark Emerald Frost BW5 manuals in Stock...lol

Would debadge and tint Caddy Crest for effect. Son got 1330 SAT 2nd try...still waiting to hear from UGA, GT, and Columbia. Can always transfer to GT last 2-years after first 2 @KSU in Marietta @z51vett. Will payoff his 2021 KIA Soul $18K balance next month. If he stays on the GA Reservation Daddy might have a lot explaining to do in 4-6 months?

@1Evil55 :
Show us 55 and BW5 side by side booty pic from ground up one day...
That price gouge is insane for that color!!

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
Son got 1330 SAT 2nd try...still waiting to hear from UGA, GT, and Columbia.
Not sure how that number translates to when we took it.
I was out partying with some friends, overindulging in various intoxicants including waaaaaay too much alcohol. At about 2:30am someone asked me "Aren't you taking the SAT in the morning at 8am?"
OMG. To say I was in a fog and expecting to totally eff up I figured I could take it again. I made a 1280, enough to get someone with my crappy grades into the state uni and I couldn't afford anything else. (Some women I knew who finished in the top 5% of my HS struggled to break 800 on the SAT. Call me slacker.)

Nevertheless, I have determined there's not much correlation between one's SAT score and what kind of car they can afford.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Not sure how that number translates to when we took it.
I was out partying with some friends, overindulging in various intoxicants including waaaaaay too much alcohol. At about 2:30am someone asked me "Aren't you taking the SAT in the morning at 8am?"
OMG. To say I was in a fog and expecting to totally eff up I figured I could take it again. I made a 1280, enough to get someone with my crappy grades into the state uni and I couldn't afford anything else. (Some women I knew who finished in the top 5% of my HS struggled to break 800 on the SAT. Call me slacker.)

Nevertheless, I have determined there's not much correlation between one's SAT score and what kind of car they can afford.
SAT based again on 1600 max score like we took it. Son's first attempt was 1280 like you got but nowadays his generation are called gamers not slackers...lol

My kids could care less about cars: a killer cell phone, MacBook or gaming rig is more important. They rather take Public transportation in Boston or NYC or take an Uber. Daughter could not take the bus to her new Maryland gig which is why she got wife's 2019 Buick Encore.

Flying ride share cars are the future like in the Jetson's, Bladerunner, and the Fifth Element especially if city living centers become more vertical where all schools and most jobs go remote...private ground transportation like the Tesla will eventually become obsolete.

Dad just wants to go 200mph in a V8 before I take that Stairway...

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
SAT based again on 1600 max score like we took it. Son's first attempt was 1280 like you got but nowadays his generation are called gamers not slackers...lol
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Wheel

101 - 120 of 146 Posts