Chevy SS Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'd be lying to say I recall.. I did everything all at once to the car with 300 miles.
what I can say is that my CTS-V did the same with just the Corsa and no tune. Pops and crackles under decel and
I think its about the same as the SS with a tune. To be fair it doesn't happen under normal driving conditions at all to me.

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
by default, we do not disable, or limit this popping. So our standard tune would not do anything for the decel pop. This would be a custom request, but no charge for it.

drone, however, we can't do anything on that front.

As for the loss in fuel economy, we have had people say anything from no change, to 3mpg drop, but only when we disable the popping entirely does it have the potential to be that bad. Considering the tune adds economy, often time's it's an overall wash.

·
Registered
55 Posts
we actually can change the amount of decel popping, and completely eliminate it if desired as well, however, there will be a loss of fuel economy associated with these changes to help quiet it down.

We do recommend making certain there are no issues with the exhaust system install first though. Many times there will be a leak, which can make the popping much more frequent than it normally should be. and if this is the case, even our tune change will not completely eliminate it.
Are you guys able to add more crackle and pop?

·
Super Moderator
14,764 Posts
You replied to a 7 year old post.
They are in business but doubtful they still monitor this channel.
Suggest you go to their website and ask there.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts