Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Funny. I actually had the same reaction. I have ARH Headers with x pipe and factory mufflers, and I am using the 93 Header tune from Livernois. I checked with Andy and he confirmed its normal. Stealthy no more.
Enjoy.

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
Installed corsa exhaust today. Great product-no problems. The exhaust sounds great, but it does burble and pop a lot more. Can a tune lessen this effect? Everything else is perfect.
"burble and pop" is a good thing! :grin

·
Super Moderator
14,757 Posts
Welcome to the forum RickP!

·
Registered
120 Posts
My car is equiped with Kooks LT headers, cat-less mids and it snap, crakle, and pops more than rice krispies.
Do you have the kooks axle back as well? any videos?

·
Registered
546 Posts
Do you have the kooks axle back as well? any videos?
No, my axel backs are still OEM. I do prefer the sound they make, but right now drone is a slight issue so I'm considering other alternatives. I'll make a video in the coming week or two.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
At what approximate RPM range do you experience said drone?

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
Do you think livernois tune could help at all then? I don't want everything gone, just knocked down a notch or so. Still love the sound and well worth the cost.
we actually can change the amount of decel popping, and completely eliminate it if desired as well, however, there will be a loss of fuel economy associated with these changes to help quiet it down.

We do recommend making certain there are no issues with the exhaust system install first though. Many times there will be a leak, which can make the popping much more frequent than it normally should be. and if this is the case, even our tune change will not completely eliminate it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Confused

we actually can change the amount of decel popping, and completely eliminate it if desired as well, however, there will be a loss of fuel economy associated with these changes to help quiet it down.

We do recommend making certain there are no issues with the exhaust system install first though. Many times there will be a leak, which can make the popping much more frequent than it normally should be. and if this is the case, even our tune change will not completely eliminate it.
When I called today and spoke to a gentleman he said that you couldn't help with a tune by you? How much of a mpg loss? Thanks.

·
Registered
546 Posts
i have kooks lt with green cats and the drone is from 1800 to 2200 i think its pretty bad but some can get use to it.
Yeah I experience drone throughout that range as well. I can tolerate it but I dont want the wife and kids to have to deal with it.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
i have kooks lt with green cats and the drone is from 1800 to 2200 i think its pretty bad but some can get use to it.
I do get a little drone from about 1800-1900 but with the manual, i have more control & can usually shift around it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have the LMS tune and a Corsa and its seems to be just right. Car is very quiet while cruising with no drone at all.
The only time you get pop is under hard acceleration and letting off the throttle. Which sounds pretty **** nice..

1 - 20 of 25 Posts