Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,416 Posts
The brakes and the exhaust are currently an A/D accessory.

The engine is not.

Mortgage the house.

Reactions: Z06fan

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
6000lbs.

RST only makes sense if you could write it off on taxes or get mileage paid by Company. $3K/month usually buys monster trucks in the oil fields...it's too bad they're abused before being replaced every 2-3 years...lol

Reactions: Z06fan

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
After all this time (they) still haven't found something to dethrone a diesel Excursion.

·
Premium Member
715 Posts
I must say that is a good looking truck and is probably a lot of fun to drive.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
When did the Tahoe get rid of the 6.2L? With the newest body style?

This definitely isn't enough to buy one of the Tahoes. That body style is horrible in my opinion. You know its bad when the Express is more stylish looking than the Tahoe/Suburban, though that isn't saying much...

·
Premium Member
672 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts
We got a Suburban for hauling kids, dog, etc. for football tailgating and summer weekend watersports, would have loved this package.

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
Ha funny, they're getting their Acadia and Yukon mixed up.

When the wife and I were shopping around, the Tahoe was not available with the 6.2 so we went with the Yukon Denali. Great vehicle that tows my enclosed trailer with ease, and looks much better than the Tahoe. Those oddball headlights kill the Tahoe for me.

The Yukon is quite the beast with the 6.2 and handles decent for a big vehicle. The acceleration tests put it just about even with my E36 M3. That's pretty quick for a ~5500 lb SUV.

Reactions: Commadore

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
I must say that is a good looking truck and is probably a lot of fun to drive.

I wouldn't call it fun but the 6.2 sure does take away some of the boredom of driving an SUV.

·
Premium Member
3,217 Posts
When did the Tahoe get rid of the 6.2L? With the newest body style?

This definitely isn't enough to buy one of the Tahoes.
Without passing judgment on the styling (looks fine sitting in the driver's seat), I personally have a very difficult time getting past the price....regardless if it has a Bowtie OR the corporate initials. It pains me that GM hasn't (or can't) make the decision to end the two nameplates competing, when the real target is FoMoCo and FCA.

Still--LS3 power level (actually the powertrain that SHOULD be in the SS sedan), really big 16.1" brakes/Brembo calipers, etc. No wimpy TTV6's here.

What's not to like, beyond price and fuel economy? But I've driven a few current Tahoes & Suburbans that easily pull down 22-24mpg with the 5.3 (LT) engine.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Without passing judgment on the styling (looks fine sitting in the driver's seat), I personally have a very difficult time getting past the price....regardless if it has a Bowtie OR the corporate initials. It pains me that GM hasn't (or can't) make the decision to end the two nameplates competing, when the real target is Ford Chrysler
This kills me! No more Pontiac, but it is cool to sell the same truck under two brands or the same suv's under three brands. Sure there are minor differences between them (I prefer GMC to Chevy) but they are the same freaking vehicles. Sorry, rant over...

·
Premium Member
3,217 Posts
2018 Chevrolet Tahoe Suburban RST

I wonder how close those brakes are to a direct bolt on?
For Zeta, not a chance....

Accessories: Car, SUV, Truck Accessories | Chevrolet

*All images are representative of the product. Actual Product may vary.
Brake System
Part Name: Brembo® Performance Front Brake System

Part #: 84263234

Brand: Chevrolet OEM

MSRP: $2,795.00

Description/Product Compatibility
Part Name:Brembo® Performance Front Brake System

Chevrolet Silverado

Chevrolet Suburban

Chevrolet Tahoe

·
Registered