Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the weight distribution is like on the Chevy SS? Chevy seems to have done a great job at making this car a well refined performance vehicle but did they do a good job with weight distribution?

I'm hoping it's as good as the weight distribution on cars like the Scion FR-S/Subaru BRZ and Porsche's.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does anyone know what the weight distribution is like on the Chevy SS? Chevy seems to have done a great job at making this car a well refined performance vehicle but did they do a good job with weight distribution?

I'm hoping it's as good as the weight distribution on cars like the Scion FR-S/Subaru BRZ and Porsche's.
Should be the same as the G8 which was 50/50. Makes for great handleing

·
Registered
148 Posts
G8's were essentially 50/50 being ever so slightly biased toward the front and I would expect the same from the SS.

The even weight distribution really helps in winter conditions when properly equipped with a snow/ice tire.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Agree with Jmac, the 50/50 weight distribution makes my G8 GT outstanding in the snow with Ice-X radials. And it's a HOOT to drive in snowy conditions!

·
Registered
38 Posts
According to the excellent spreadsheet that SMANN put together, the weight distribution is about 52/48.

I think if you push the go pedal, it gets closer to 50/50! :)

·
Super Moderator
14,145 Posts

·
Premium Member
267 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
note, the Commodore has been part of the Australian / New Zealand Race circuit for many, many years, so definitely influenced the handling attributes of this fabulous car

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
I somehow doubt it is a perfect 50/50.
How much gas is in the tank?
Spare/no spare?
All tires have exact air pressure?
Wheels have the same offset?
Then there is left/right weight.
Cross weight (right front/left rear).
These are all things that affect weight.
Someone that has spent hours with his racecar on scales getting the set-up right
I can tell you it is not 50/50 from the factory.

The only way to find out is to get a set of racing scales and find out what it is.

This should start a :storm:

Reactions: Pinetree

·
Registered
538 Posts
anything close to 50/50 distribution makes for a fun handling vehicle.

NOW.... somebody Que that video of the 'Dore in V8 supercar series driving straight thru the chicanes!!

·
Premium Member
7,088 Posts
50/50 +/- 5. OFG in drivers seat cancels out the spare :devil

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
What about the 105.4 lbs of fuel (full tank) and spare tire 56 lbs. jack and battery?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts